Chapter 2

Calliope could barely contain her excitement, she hadn't seen her twin brother in ages. He had gone straight to the military, whereas she had gone to college right after high school and gotten her doctorate in psychology. The siblings were as close as could be growing up and the separation was hard. Their relationship was truly put to the test when Calliope had decided to get into military psychiatry and went overseas with a special team. Colt hated to see her go, and he hated how much it destroyed her. He knew whatever she went through must have been hard. His sister has always been the tougher out of the two. So when she called to tell him she was taking a break he found it slightly alarming. Colt knew how beautiful his sister was, he had grown accustomed to the looks she would get. Being her twin brother, he could tell when she was unwell. To others she may have looked glowing, but he could see the emptiness in her eyes, her usually perfect posture was a tiny but slouched. Colt knew not to ask, just as he wouldn't want anyone to ask about his time overseas.

Calliope was delighted to be back with her brother. She couldn't wipe the smile from her face. After a long, much needed hug, Colt told her she had to meet his friends. "Do I finally get to meet your partners in crime? I've heard so much about them!" This was very true, Colt always talked about Logan and Orien. "Yeah sis, it's about time. Don't you think?" Calliope laughed. "I gue-" She began to reply only to become absolutely starstruck. She caught eyes with the most handsome man she had ever seen. His skin the color of hot sand, and his eyes shining like the red sea. Calliope felt her body temperature rise, she could hear her heartbeat in her ears, and butterflies erupted in her stomach. 'I must be losing it.' She thought. She shook her head to clear the thoughts from her head. As Colt led her through the crowd of people, they got closer and closer to the mysterious man. It wasn't until she was right in front of him that she realized that this had to be one of Colt's best friends. All hope of any romance with the man was brushed under a rug. She had to respect boundaries, though a selfish part of her yearned to go after him. After introducing her Colt smacked both of them men on the neck. "I told you two I had a twin sister. Can you believe it Cal? These two idiots thought I was making you up." Calliope let out a genuine laugh. As her shoulders shook, she was unaware of the beauty she possessed. "Why don't we all sit down, Cal and I have a lot to catch up on."

Colt felt at ease with his sister by his side. She bickered back and forth with Orien like she had known him her whole life. Logan was unusually quiet and he kept sneaking glances at Calliope. Colt noticed this but his keen eye also caught the look of pure adoration on his best friend's face. Although he preferred to keep his sister away from his friends, or from any man for that matter; even Colt knew not to mess with fate.

Logan was entranced by the way she spoke. She was a dream come true. He learned that she was also in the military and he held a new type of respect for her. Throughout the night the pair would steal glances at each other. The tension in the air was so thick that it was hard to breathe. Logan cleared his throat, "Calliope, where will you be staying while you're back?" The question was completely normal yet the Calliope didn't know if it was the intensity in his eyes, or the tone of his voice that caused her skin to flush and her pulse to quicken. "I'll actually be moving in with Colt." she managed to speak. Logan hid his excitement in hearing that. Colt and Logan happened to live right next to each other. Logan was always at his friend's house, whether it was to watch a football game or just to hang out. Towards the hotter months Colt always came to Logan's house to enjoy a beer by the pool. Needless to say he would be seeing much more of the beautiful Calliope. "Well guys I think we'll call it a night. Cal needs to get unpacked." The siblings left the club shortly after. Landon stayed back with Orien to get one last drink before graduation. "Who would have thought that someone so beautiful could be related to Colt. The universe works in mysterious ways." Orien laughed. Logan rolled his eyes and drank a long sip of beer. "You got that right brother." Orien had picked up on his brother's interest in Colt's sister. He had never seen his brother so drawn to a woman. "I saw the way you were looking at her." Logan didn't reply and continued to drink from his glass. Orien continued, "I'm not going to tell you what to do, that's your business. Just be careful." Orien placed his hand on Logan's shoulder. "Please." Logan knew his brother meant the best. While he never loved Anissa, the relationship was one of the very few he had. Logan knew that he loved hard, it's why he had so few relationships in the past. He just couldn't shake the feeling that there was something special about Calliope. Logan cleared his head and looked to his younger brother. " I hear you man. I know I might sound crazy but, I just know she is the one for me. I can feel it in my soul." Orien raised his eyebrows in surprise. A smile broke out onto his face. "That's great brother, I hope everything works out for you."