Chapter 4

Calliope waved as her boys walked away. Once out of sight, she turned the car around and drove the short distance to the airfield. She hadn't flown a plane since her last deployment, but there's no time like the present. With a deep breath she loaded her bags onto the mini jet. She knew it was dangerous to fly alone, but it was a risk she'd have to take. She needed some time to process what was about to happen. Calliope wasn't exactly over her last military experience. She had done a lot of shameful things, and she had gone through hell trying to get out. She couldn't believe she was willingly going back and doing the one thing she promised herself to let go of. But she couldn't let her boys down. Calliope settled in with her thoughts, she had a long flight ahead of her.

"I told you not to wear that. Why do I even try anymore?" Logan was lecturing Colt about his shirt. Colt was very color blind which often led to some questionable outfit choices. "We'll be in uniform soon, what's it matter?" Logan just shrugged as they walked to their tent. Colt has never been a morning person.

Inside the tent was a group of people along with Admiral Lane. "Alright now that you're all here we can start the debriefing. Everyone take a seat." Once everyone sat down Logan couldn't help but notice that there was an extra seat next to the Admiral. He shook his head and tuned into the debriefing. "We have intercepted a terror threat from the Cuban operative known as Cho. He somehow keeps slipping in and out of different countries including the United States. As far as we know, he is the one spearheading the attack, if we get to him we can shut the whole thing down. We've tracked four suspects down to St. Lucia, but we don't know which one is him. He is using the others as decoys. Captain Lockwood and Captain Cruz will be leading the mission, you will need to capture all four suspects and interrogate them to find out who is the real Cho. I'd like to introduce you to your team. We have Officer Jake Floods, your weapons and strategy specialist, Petty Officer Jasmine O, combat specialist, and Officer Laklan Locke, tech specialist. Lastly I'd like to bring in someone to help with interrogations, someone who understands the human mind, a military psychiatrist. She should be here any minute." Calliope immediately came into mind when Logan heard about this military psychiatrist. He knew it couldn't possibly be her, and he was extremely grateful for that. He wanted Calliope safe and away from all of this danger. Just as he finished his thought the door to the tent opened. "Dr. West thank you for joining us on such short notice." Logan was speechless as she walked past him and to the empty seat. He bit his tongue before he could say anything stupid. Colt didn't miss a beat. "What the hell is this?" He stood up. "Calliope, what's going on?" Calliope looked him dead in the eye. "You didn't think I'd just sit on my ass waiting for you guys to return?"

After the debriefing, everyone began to clear out. Colt had seemed to come to terms with his sister joining them although his frustration was still apparent. Logan was a completely different story. He practically dragged Calliope to his tent. "What are you doing? Have you lost your mind? This isn't a game Cal, you could get hurt!" He began pacing the length of the tent. "Woah, slow down okay. I know it's not ideal, but how do you think I feel? I had a chance and I took it. I love you, and I love my brother, I'd be crazy if I didn't come." Logan sighed and sat down next to Calliope. "I know Cal, I just can't lose you. You're one of the only good things in my life. I don't know what I'd do without you." Logan's voice became choked up with emotion. He just couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen.