Chapter 11

Logan's heart left his body when Cal stopped talking. The sets of feet walked in and someone took the phone away from Cal. "What is this?" The person asked. Two men came to Cal and forced her onto her knees. The person holding the phone put his face in the frame, blood rushed to his head when he recognized the person as Milo. The man let out a sinister laugh. "You guys are just in time for the show!" Logan wanted to vomit when the man picked up a large hammer. He looked to his left. "Locke please tell me you've got a location." Locke shook his head as he continued to press all kinds of buttons on his computer. "There is something blocking me out I can't even lock in on a general area. Damnit!" Everyone was frustrated, they felt so helpless. Logan watched as the man walked around Cal with calculated steps. If Cal was scared he couldn't tell. She just looked at him with so much love in her eyes. All he could do was stare back. Milo tisked at the phone. "I couldn't help but notice the ring on your finger Cal. Who's the lucky guy? Is he watching this right now?" Milo looked into the screen and Logan couldn't contain his growl of anger. "Is it you bug guy? That's a mighty fine looking ring. Must've cost you a fortune." Mile ran his finger down Cal's arm before grabbing her hand and splaying flat on the ground. "It's a shame to see it go to waste." Without hesitation Milo slammed the hammer down on Cal's hand. Floods cringed at the sound of the bones breaking. Cal didn't even flinch, her eyes remained locked with Logan. Milo was laughing uncontrollably, he raised the hammer above his shoulder ready to strike. The team let out a collective gasp. Some turned away, Colt dropped to the ground. Logan kept his eyes on hers. A single tear ran down Cal's face. "Logan, promise me you won't give up. No matter how hard it gets. Don't give u-" Milo swung the hammer, the blow hitting Cal in the back of the head. Logan felt his soul leave his body as he watched the life leave her eyes. Cal was dead. Logan's body was numb, he wanted to scream, to pull his hair out. A life without Cal wasn't a life worth living. In that moment he wanted to take his own life, to be with her; But he couldn't. Cal's last words to him were 'don't give up'. She knew that he would follow her even into death, and she wanted him to live. Logan knew he would never be the same, but for her he would keep going; he wouldn't give up.