10- Birthday Upload - Mello

A.N.// Turns out I forgot to click publish on this xD Enjoy

((Me: Hey there! :D So I'm writing this the day before Mello's birthday (Oops) because I have NO INTERNET! Literally. None. And I came up with a Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Fanfic that is set around episode... um... 9? I'll say 9 cause I'm not quite sure xD I may post it as an idea chapter in this book... So yeah xD Comment if you want me to do it, I mean... I'm a shit uploader, I'll admit that xD But I'm doing college work now so... I'm going to be a solicitor :) that's my excuse!

Mello: -.-' My birthday's today...

Matt: *grins* I got your present last week, Melsy.

Mello: *looks at Matt with a raised eyebrow* Let me guess. A game.

Matt: *looks at Mello with an innocent smirk* Nooooo... of course not... Heh... heh...

Mello: It is, isn't it? -.-'

Matt: Oh look how nice the weather is tonight? *looks at Izzy* Isn't it nice?

Me: *trying desperately to sneak Edward Elric onto the set* H-Huh?!?! Oh u-uh, yeah, course!

Mello: *sighs with a sweat drop* I'm surrounded by idiots... AND IZZY IF I'VE TOLD YOU ONCE, I'VE TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIMES-- NO PEOPLE FROM OTHER ANIMES!

Me: *cries hysterically* SO MEAN! *pushes Ed out* Sad now...

Mello: Good -.-' So here's the birthday upload for me, so we hope you enjoy it.

Matt: Enjoy guys :D

Me: *sniffle* E-Enjoy.))

(Flashback, Mello: 10, Matt: 9, Near: 8)

Mello P.O.V.

"We wish you a happy birthday, we wish you a happy birthday, we wish you a happy birthday and a-"

"Shut. The fuck. Up. And get the song right, idiot." I ground my teeth together as I tried to focus on my archaeology homework. An in depth study... my favourite thing to be doing on a Friday night.

Not.

Matt, who was practically lay on the floor with his feet up on his bed, grinned over at me with his goggles flashing in the light. "Fine." He digressed, his grin becoming less smug and more teasing. "What do you prefer, oh King of Boringness?"

"You know, I could really fall out with you."

"Nah you couldn't."

"You wanna bet?"

Matt gave me his best self assured smile. "No, because I don't want to win another round of chocolate bars."

"That was one time!"

We both laughed before we fell into a comfortable silence. This was the perfect- and only- way to spend my birthday. Just me and Matt in our room. Doing work. Relaxing. And going bed at 10pm.

God we need lives.

"Mello." Matt spoke and I made a noise of acknowledgement, "You feel like going to some sort of entertainment centre or some shit?"

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "It's 8:50pm, Matt."

"So? Come on, live a little- or do I need to put on the Animatrix DVD?"

I grimaced at him. "Again? I thought I chucked that into Near's room a week ago."

"Bastard disliked it." He moved so he was just lay on the floor, before he sat up and looked directly at me. "Fine. Linda's my little pony video?"

"You wouldn't dare."

"Oh but I would. You know how much you love Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy."

"...Fine, let's go out somewhere."

And that's how, on my 10th birthday, Matt and I ended up sneaking out of Whammys... and Matt embarrassed the fuck out of me. As we snuck downstairs in the pitch black, Matt decided it'd be cool to act like James Bond. So while I was walking ten steps ahead of him on my tip toes, as he kept pushing himself up against walls with his hands together like he was holding a gun.

"Do do, de doo de doo, do do, de doo de doo..." He muttered under his breath before smirking, "Mow wow, doo... mow wow, doo... Da naaaaa... da naaaaa, mow wow wow..."

"Cut that out, imbecile." I hissed and pointed a death glare at him that was as ugly as a Shinigami's face. He stopped instantaneously but there was still a cocky smirk plastered on his face. I decided to ignore it- like usual- and focus on trying to get to the front door. The dark was oppressive in the Orphanage, and we took barely any time to get to the door as our anxiety spiked.

And then, we were free.

Well, for the night anyway.

***
"Matt, I am not going to do that."

"Oh please, Mello? Please?"

"Matt... I am not sneaking into a pub!"

Matt looked at me laughing. "It'll be fine!"

"Hell no! We're just kids!" I exclaimed gobsmacked, and he gave me a suggestive look. "Don't you look at me like that, no damn it!" We were stood in the alleyway next to a random pub in the middle of Winchester with bus tickets that weren't any good, no way home, and a random broom that Matt had stolen from a random shop.

A good night.

Not.

Matt gave me a grin before he linked arms with me. "Fine... I just wanted to make your birthday awesome."

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "...Let's just go to a park or something, alright?"

My best friend laughed but gave in, letting me pull him to a park I knew was nearby. There was a huge field which was probably no use to us in the dark and the usual park stuff: swings; slide; round-a-bout; flying saucer thing that no kid ever knew the name of; climbing frames- you name it, it was probably there. Matt grinned at me and walked inside with me, unlinking our arms.

(End of Flashback)

***

And that's how we spent the night of my birthday. In a park, avoiding kids who thought they were cool... being kids. It was fun, believe me. I still remember that birthday... I would say it was my favourite, but... there's been many birthdays since. And maybe one day, I will have one that's so great, it smashes all the others out of the water.

I'm sure though when that time comes, Matt will still be by my side being the annoying jackass he is. He'll still be attempting to get me to drink alcohol- which is nasty-, or he'll be using his little sister against me... or some other shit that is just completely Matt. And hell, if he isn't- I'll find a way to get him back to my side.

So I'm going to take an oath. I'll always protect Matt and Sam and Ash. I'll protect them with my life. And if I fail- the blame is all on me. If Sam dies, or Ash, or Matt... my life would be meaningless. I can't live without them. So...

My oath is that I'm going to protect them, and so them I'll always care for them...

...Even if I'm mean like Matt says I am at times.

-Mello, 14