11

((A.N.// Me: Hey guys! So just some dark BB and A fluff... cause I remembered about A! The Whammy student who committed suicide... *deflates* Ugh, more depressing stuff... there's also mentions of self harm in this...

Matt: *raises an eyebrow at Izzy, not looking up from my PSP* It's really weird. Everyone says you're always happy in rl...

Mello: ...Yet you write all these depressing one shots and chapters?

Me: ...Maybe this story is how I let that dark side out? Idk anymore xD So yes, I got this idea listening to How To Save A Life by The Fray... And I hope you guys like it :) It's set before Matt, Mello and Near ever join Whammy's, so you won't be given their ages... Okay, you will xD Oh, and... I say in this that BB is 15, and A is 14. I don't know their birthdays... sadly... so I'm improvising, so their ages may not add up in all this to the Ology series books. If they do, then... I'll be really lucky xD Remember, this is only a oneshot, not the actual story xD

I own nothing.

If this upsets anyone, you can talk to me about it. I'm always happy to listen... So... Just to reiterate this if you guys didn't realise this earlier-

Warning, mentioning of self harming. I'll be happy to listen, and I know it's a sensitive subject... I didn't mean to actually write this the way it is so...

Oh, and mentioning of eating disorders. YAY. Not. I really didn't mean to write these in, I'm sorry guys. They're sensitive issues, and I'd avoid this one shot if it'll upset you or be too close to home.

I'm sorry for writing this, actually... it turned out much darker than my other oneshots.

Sibling!AxBB by the way....

Enjoy, I guess ._.

Set before BB becomes the insane criminal that causes the BB Los Angles Murder Case! So basically, he's not crazy in this xD

-I xx))

"The first child, A, was unable to handle the pressure of living up to L and took his own life, and the second child, Beyond Birthday, was brilliant and deviant."
- Mello (Death Note: Another Note, p 105)

((Mello: 4, Matt: 3, Near: 2))

Third Person

He closed his eyes tightly. His hands were clenched around the bottle of cold water L had given him whilst they were talking before, and now... he was alone. The detective had walked out, glancing worriedly over his shoulder at his first successor before he was out of sight. A had no idea how long he had sat in that seat. He had no idea how long he had been shaking either, or how long it had been since he last ate. All the boy could think of was his position. Succeeding L was what mattered. Being next top detective. Being something- anything more than the pathetic orphan he was. But...

He couldn't take it. A boulder was balanced on his shoulders, and one wrong move would cause it to crush him. That wasn't him. That wasn't Adrian Adams- my real, adopted name, not my stupid alias, he thought with a snort-, it was what Whammys wanted him to be. It was A. The boy who couldn't stand it, the boy who was weak and pathetic and... well... he was a strategist. He wasn't an L. Yes, he could work out percentages. Maths and IT were his forte- he couldn't help it, hacking and doing maths to a degree level were just interesting to him. A never asked to be in the position he was in. Adrian Adams, a strong boy who was a bit of a geek but a football maniac even at the fragile age of 4, would've killed himself as soon as he understood what they would do if he knew he would become the pathetic, inferior being they all called A at the Whammy Orphanage.

No one liked him. A was just... A. The first child. The tampered child. The child L himself had shown himself to. The boy who could never score less than 100 on a test. But... no one knew him for him. No one knew what he liked, his real name, what he disliked... his parent's names. His childhood town. His hatred for Whammys. No one wanted to know, therefore no one did know.