*Chapter 7

"Good morning!" I said, sitting down across from Hermione and beside Ron at the table. Harry was the first one to look up at me, and dropped his fork. 

"What are you wearing?" He asked. Hermione and Ron looked up too, their faces morphing into disgust. 

"Too much?" I frowned when they nodded

"Too much?" I frowned when they nodded. "Harry, you should eat something."

"She's right, Harry. Take a bit of toast, mate. Go on." Ron urged when he saw Harry pick up his fork and push his food around. 

"You're gonna need your strength today." Hermione agreed, and I saw Professor Snape walking over. 

"I'm not hungry." Harry replied. 

"Miss Lovegood, 5 points from Gryffindor for wearing a ghastly outfit." I glared at Professor Snape, but didn't say anything. "Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work. Even if it is against Slytherin."

"Is he limping?" I asked as he walked off. "What happened to his leg?"

"That explains the blood." Harry thought out loud.

"Blood?" Hermione turned to him, confused. 

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try to get past that dog. But, he got himself bit. That's why he's limping." Harry explained. 

"Harry, you can't just assume things like that. He could get fired if your rumor gets to the Ministry." I told him. 

"On second thought, tell everyone you know, Harry." Ron joked. 

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asked Harry. 

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts business, very secret." Harry told us. 

"So you're saying-" Hermione was cut off. 

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants." Harry confirmed. 

"And how do you know Snape wants it? What if it was actually Professor Squirrel who brought the troll in, and Snape was trying to defend the door to the dog? Why was he in the dungeons anyways? Don't you think that's suspicious, Ron?" I turned to him, who shrugged and took a bite out of my buttered toast. "Rude, Ronald."

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione asked after Hedwig, Harry's owl, brought him a package. 

"I never get mail." Harry looked confused.

"Let's open it." Ron said, eager to see what was inside. We all began ripping the paper off, revealing a Nimbus 2000 broom.  

"It's a broomstick!" Harry told us. 

"No, Harry. It's a book." I replied, making him glare at me for a second. 

"That's not just a broomstick, Harry. It's a Nimbus 2000!" Ron corrected, shocked at what was in front of him.