*Chapter 10

"I'd always heard Hogwarts End of Year Exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable." Hermione told us as we made our way down to Hagrid's Hut. 

"Speak for yourself. All right there, Harry?" Ron's words made me look over to see Harry holding his forehead in pain. 

"My scar. It keeps burning." Harry said. 

"It's happened before." Hermione pointed out.

"Not like this." Harry replied. 

"Perhaps you should go see the nurse." I suggested. 

"I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming." We stopped and looked at Hagrid in the distance, and Harry gasped. "Oh. Of course!"

"What is it?" Hermione asked, and we all followed Harry, who was walking really fast towards Hagrid. 

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid want's more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger turns up and just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pocket? Why didn't I see it before?" Harry said.

"It is a bit odd." I agreed, and we ran towards Hagrid. 

"Hagrid? Who gave you the dragon egg? What did he look like?" Harry asked. 

"I don't know. I never saw his face, he kept his hood up." I face palmed at Hagrid's reply. 

"This stranger though, you and him must have talked?" I spoke, my hand still on my forehead. 

"Well, he-he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him, I said 'After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem'." Hagrid replied. 

"Did he seem interested in Fluffy?" Harry questioned.

"Well of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three-headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him, I said 'The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him.' Take Fluffy for example. Just play him a bit of music, and he falls straight to sleep!" Hagrid realized what he had just told us when we looked at each other. "I shouldn't have told you that. Where are you going? Wait!"

"I can't believe he told us that, and some stranger. Maybe it was Professor Squirrel." I panted as we ran towards the castle. 

"Or Professor Snape!" Harry added, and we ran into Professor McGonagall's classroom. "We have to see Professor Dumbledore, immediately!" 

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He recieved an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London." Professor McGonagall explained. 

"He's gone? But this is important! This is about the Philosopher's Stone." Harry said, and she looked up from her papers, shocked. 

"How do you know?" She asked. 

"Someone's going to try and steal it." Harry announced. 

"I don't know how you four found out about the stone, but I assure you it is well protected. Now, would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly." Professor McGonagall tried assuring us, and we shook our heads, leaving her classroom.

"That was no stranger Hagrid met. It was Snape. Which means he knows how to get past Fluffy." Harry said. 

"I don't think it was Snape." I repeated for what seemed like the tenth time today.

"And with Dumbledore gone-" Hermione was cut off. 

"Good afternoon. Now what would four young Gryffindors such as yourselves be doing inside on a day like this?" I turned to see Professor Snape behind us, and cringed.