*Chapter 9

As the seasons changed, Hermione had all four of us looking  for any sort of information on Nicholas Flamel. It was getting rather annoying, really. We spent all of our free time roaming the library, which was honestly not at all fun. One day, Harry, Ron, and I were working on homework while Hermione was searching through books, and she came over with the biggest book I have ever seen.

"I had you looking in the wrong section. How could I be so stupid?" She asked, slamming the book on the table over all of our papers. 

"Merlin, Hermione!" I exclaimed.

"I checked this out weeks ago for a bit of light reading..." Hermione trailed off, flipping through the pages, as we looked at her like she was insane. 

"This is light?" Ron asked, and I snorted at the comment. Hermione gave us glares before trailing her hand down a page, looking over the words. 

"Of course. Here it is! Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!" Hermione read to us, and we looked at each other. 

"The what?" We chorused, and she rolled her eyes. 

"Honestly, don't you three read?" She asked. 

"No, not really." I answered. 

"That was a rhetorical question." She continued reading aloud to us. "The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will transform any metal into pure gold, and produces the Elixer of Life, which will make the drinker immortal."

"Immortal?" Ron repeated. 

"It means you'll never die." Hermione explained. 

"I know what it means!" Harry shushed Ron when he raised his voice. 

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist who, last year, celebrated his 665th birthday." My eyes widened at Hermione's words. 

"Wow. He's old." I mumbled. 

"That's what Fluffy's guarding on the third Floor. That's what's under the trap door." Hermione told us. 

"The Philosopher's Stone." I said, and she nodded. 

Later that night, the four of us snuck out of the Common Room after hours to take a trip to Hagrid's. It had rained during dinner, so we were walking in mud, getting our shoes and pants dirty. 

"This is disgusting. I feel it in my shoes." I scrunched my nose in disgust, as Harry sent a fake sad face my way. "Shut up, Harry." 

"He didn't even say anything." Ron pointed out, as we knocked on the door. 

"Hagrid!" Harry exclaimed after he opened the door of his hut. 

"Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." Hagrid began closing the door, and we looked at each other before speaking the same time. 

"We know about the Philosopher's Stone!" Hagrid opened the door again, and sighed, letting us in. 

"We think Snape's trying to steal it." Harry told Hagrid.

"I still think it's Squirrel. He's way too quiet for his own good." I defended the Potion's Master. 

"Blimey, you're not still on about him, are ya, Harry?" Hagrid asked as we all took a seat. 

"Hagrid, we know he's after the stone, we just don't know why!" Harry exclaimed. 

"Snape is one of the teachers protecting the stone! He's not about to steal it." Hagrid said.