1992

The van disappeared into a shock of multi-shaded blue electricity, small puffs of smoke clouding around the spot it had been parked in mere seconds ago.

And Jungkook had fucked up. Really, he wasn't surprised, he is used to his own idotic mistakes by now. Rather it be life changing speeches or tying his shoes, he never seemed to do them correctly. He glanced over to the smokey area, then back over to the open garage door with a sigh.

He had just gotten done speaking to his past self, the same conversation he had had before just now from another standpoint. It felt weird, that was for sure, but what was worse was what he had said. He hadn't meant anything bad, really, when the words had left his mouth. It was just that he was trying to cram as much information as he could into the little amount of time he had without giving too much away. God knows what Taehyung would have done to him if he had let it spill that they were dating too soon. And he's applying that to both of them, the older one would have put him on a dry spell and the younger one was pretty skilled with a knife; unfortunately he was known for being horny and he valued his uvula. Whatever that was.

But the new issue on the table was that in the process of trying to warn his younger self about college, he had blurred the already thin line that lay between him talking about Taehyung and him talking about school. He mentally chastised himself, his words repeating themself over and over again in his head. 'Now, I'm not going to lie- not everything will fold out the way you think- not everything will turn out the way you want. I didn't believe me either- but you really will be happy with the outcome, Kook. ' Like damn, had he just spoken fucking slower he would have saved himself almost five years of constant fucking fear of his and Tae's relationship taking some dramtic turn. He silently hoped that the younger him would have a talk with their older self, but if he remembered clearly, all he had done was get mad at the man for outing his situation with Tae.

And god- Kim Taehyung. He looked over at said boy, the man having dropped down onto a bean bag chair in the now empty garage. Jungkook wasn't sure where Yoongi and Jimin had gone off to, and Namjoon was probably writing that essay for Hoseok whilst he and Jin were out for their weekly brunch, but he had nothing against being left alone with this boyfriend. His boyfriend. Saying that, saying that the man currently hunched over a mess of a journal, scribbling words onto the overly decorated pages, was his fucking boyfreid? Never got old, and the butterflies in his stomach barely ceased even after four years of dating.

Faintly, JK could remember his thoughts of 'future Tae', the way his younger body had nearly combusted when the man had called him baby seemingly randomly. And he couldn't disagree with his young self- Tae had always been attractive, but his glow up was impeccable. Curly dark brown hair that fell past his ears, the soft strands framed his painfully sharp jaw that's skin glinted like that of a metal blade in sunlight. The piercing gaze- one that swallowed you whole the moment their eyes would meet. The one that had a devilish glint in them at all times, the one that was the textbook definition as to why people feared eye contact. Tan skin, warm smile- sinful tongue piercing. All those things- the things that lay visible on the surface for his younger self to see, had made him shake with anticipation whenever Tae got his hair done, made him shudder when Jimin started practicing piercing.

But there were other things that Jungkook loved about the man, things that younger him wouldn't have been able to see forthcoming in the little time he had spent with the boy back thing. The things that only he got to know, just now- in the present, because these things were the part of Tae that you couldn't just discover in a few shared hours.

Things like how Taehyung's gaze would soften for him- the sharp burn of his brown irises fading into a home-like warmth when Jungkook had a bad day, sometimes even when Jimin would struggle with little tasks. And how when Taehyung would wash his makeup off at the end of the day, his cheeks became fuller and features tired, always yawning as he slipped on one of JK's shirts to sleep in. Little personality traits like how he was overly bubbly on good days- childlike and giddy-, or like how his immaturity seemed to fade with is anger, setting his jaw in a tense form and the passion burning away from his eyes.