1990

Taehyung had been minding his own business, glasses perched on the brim of his nose as he drew the stitching pattern for his next design grade, when there was a soft knock on his dormitory door. He hadn't seen or heard from Jungkook since yesterday morning, so he assumed it was the younger. With a tired voice, he yelled for the boy to come inside. He didn't think much of the sloow creak of the door opening as he went back to sketching- lead dragging across paper, making delicate lines onto the surface.

It wasn't until a weirdly long silence passed that a brief moment of fear crossed through Taehyung's mind- Jungkook always burst in with a loud statement. His head shot up to be met with, thankfully, his boyfriend, and not some serial killer he had thoughtlessly let inside. Not thankfully though, he noticed, tears rolled out of the youngers bloodshot eyes, his hoodie covered figure rubbing his sleeve clad hands over the puffy areas. Tae dropped his pencil, taking in the heinous sight.

JK's sweats were too big, as was his hoodie, the items meeting in a messy clash of fabric on his torso. Beanie tossed over his head and- a small stuffed bear in his hands. It was an old one, that he'd gotten from his mother when he was very little. Tae was shocked, he didn't even know he still owned that, much less brought it to school with him.

It wasn't until Jungkook sniffed loudly that Tae got up- his sweatpants and tank top much neater than Jungkook's look. He moved over to the crying boy, stopping directly in front of him and placing his hand on the youngers upper arm, causing him to flinch a bit.

"Koo?" He asked, and the boy released a sob, "Baby- whats wrong?"

"I just-" the boy choked out a sob again, moving to cover his face with his hands in embarrassment. "I can't, Tae. I want to go back home- I'm already failing a class, and it costed so much to get in- I can't do this."

Tae frowned. He actually struggled to understand where the boy was coming from. He'd gotten in mostly for free, having only to pay for things like school supplies and extra for eating out. On top of that, he really enjoyed his classes, getting to go to school for his passions and genuinely learning about things he enjoyed. All he knew about Jungkook's current state was that it was partly his fault- and it was heartbreaking. He'd been the one to basically force him to come here after all.

With a sigh, he reached up to grab Jungkook's wrist, pulling his hands away from his flushed face, "Baby~" he moved his hands down to Jungkook's waist, the boy making himself smaller to be able to melt into Tae's chest. This wasn't the first time something like this would happen. Where JK would get hurt or scared and Tae would be reminded that he was actually the hyung in the relationship, "It's okay."

"No," the boy sobbed, his whole body shaking as every sigh and cry left his mouth. "It's not- Tae I want to go home. I can't handle this- and I can't even fucking pass the classes I paid for," the boy sniffled as he shook his head. "I can't do it."

The noises coming from the boy hurt Taehyung's heart, his sobs being his least favorite sound.

"Jungkook- babe, yes you can." He tried, pulling back to look him in the eyes, "I wouldn't tell you it's okay if I knew you couldn't- you are the most brilliant, amazing, and smart person I know. You can do anything, and a failing grade won't ruin all that you worked for okay? We can fix it."

Jungkook shook his head again, his tears staining Taehyung's shirt. "Tae I'm failing chemistry- I took chemistry twice before this, Tae- I can't. I'm already on the brink of failing photography- and that's what I came here for... I don't know what to do. I miss home... I miss everything being familiar... I miss my dad, and my brother. I miss high school, and long drives, and," a sob cut the boy off- but after that, he just couldn't stop. He cried so hard it didn't even sound like he was getting any air into his body. His shoulders sank, and he leaned completely into Taehyung, his knees bending so he could cry into his chest. "You're all I have, Tae... I don't know what to do."