1995

Click the file, move it over, open it in a new program- fix it. Save the rough copy- take the file, move it over, open it in a new program- make it better. Save it again, take it- move it, open it- and next, his favorite step- turn around and check on Jimin. He did it every three rotations on nights like this, where he and Jimin would end up talking the night away, empty heads filling with one anothers words. Talking about their pasts, their futures. About Taehyung or Namjoon, Jungkook, Seokjin- sometimes Hoseok. Then Jimin would fall asleep and Yoongi would go to work on the abandoned files until the sun would rise and he'd get poked by a sleepy Jimin.

Some Days he'd be dragged to bed, but other days Jimin would sleep till late, like today, and Yoongi would wait for him to wake up patiently. Shitty drafts of shitty songs blaring into his ahead of their time (literally) headphones.

Today in particular was special. The sun having long past peaked over the horizon- the clock nearing ten am. It was Jimin's birthday- he got to waste as much of the day as he pleased. So Yoongi turned, and started his process again.

Click- move, open- Make it bearable.

"Yoonie~" and there it was, the quiet morning voice of Jimin. His voice was scratchy in the mornings, just as it was scratchy when he got too tired. "What are you doing? Come back to bed."

"Baby,-" He said, his mouth reacted immediately as his hand went to save his current draft, "You fell asleep in the studio again, you're still on hyungie's couch."

"Hm?" the boy sat up finally, rubbing his eyes before looking around. His eyes were puffy and droopy, his lips in their usual morning pout. "Oh... well then come back to the couch."

Yoongi rolled around in his chair, pulling his headphones off as he quirked a brow, "Why would I wanna do that when I believe you were promised a birthday breakfast?" he hummed. Almost immediately, Jimin's eyes opened wider. The yellow sweater he was wearing pooling around where his legs disappeared under his blanket- blonde curls bouncing softly. Yoongi would be lying if he were to say he didn't fall further in love with Jimin everyday.

Jimin layed back down though, simply so that he could stretch out his entire body in one go. "You're cooking, right?" his voice was strained before his body fell limp again, looking over at Yoongi with hopeful eyes. "Waffles, right?"

"With whipped cream and strawberries, and blueberries and peaches on the side?" He smiled- cold air hitting his gums as he watched the boy with adoration.

"Mhm," Jimin nodded, rolling onto the floor with a thud. He didn't stop though, rolling all the way over to Yoongi's chair, the blanket wrapping around his legs. "It would have been nice to wake up with you," the boy pouted as he looked up at Yoongi. "You've been working too much."

He kicked his lump of a boyfriend that was sprawled out across the floor, making the boy huff before he wrapped his arms around Yoongi's calves.

"Gotta comeback next month peach, you know that." Yoongi said, enourmed by the cuteness.

"You don't have to," the boy argued, pulling himself up via Yoongi's legs. "We could stay home, nap all day, you could cuddle me," at that point, Jimin had crawled his way into Yoongi's lap, his thighs wrapped around the older man's legs, his head resting in the crook of his neck.

"How would I spoil you if I just stopped working though?" Gotta make myself useful one way or another."

"Sometimes existing in your presence is enough," the boy muttered, his tone revealing the boy was starting to doze off again. "I love you~"