1988

Of course Taehyung had been to one of Jungkook's football games before. Hell, he could tell you every single play the younger boy had made since he started playing in the seventh grade. And, yet, as he slid down onto the bleachers, fitting in between Jimin and Hoseok, his nerves were flaring. Never once in his life had he been so excited, nervous, and riled up all at once for seemingly no other reason than the fact that this was his first game where he got to cheer the other on from the stands as his official boyfriend.

These past two weeks had been such a love sick mess, and Taehyung knew this. He'd trip over his words, or even his actual feet, whenever JK was near him- he found himself daydreaming often when he wasn't. Hours were wasted on outfits for himself- days spent on pages full of sketches of the boy. Not once in his entire life- his entire history of friendship with Jeon Jungkook, had he ever been such a catastrophe. Obviously, Jungkook was worse, his suave and protective aura falting whenever Tae would as much as wear a tank top. The boy was suddenly much more quiet around him, and Yoongi said it was because he was afraid of what would slip out of his lips if he wasn't.

In fact, last Monday, Tae had asked Jungkook what he thought of the new jeans he was wearing, the boy had paused, taking him in, and then the next thing that left his mouth had been utter word vomit.

"Taeby- aish, - so pretty, Fuck. So hot- god damn what the hell- shit." He had said, suddenly rising out of his desk and running towards the bathroom with a forming boner.

Tae had laughed for ten minutes straight before going bright red when the situation began to process. 

And now, he felt like all eyes were on him as he jumped excitedly up and down in his seat, JK's jacket wrapped around him and a homemade cropped version of his jersey on that matched with the one he had made Jimin and Jin wear.

The players were taking to the field now, Jungkook slipping into his place as the quarterback- the number 13 sprawled across his back as he bent over.

Hoseok cheered, making Namjoon laugh and Taehyung felt his heart swelling in his chest.

"Is it always this loud." Yoongi pouted, his arm wrapped protectively around Jimin while he rubbed at the face paint that the younger boy had covered him in.

"No-," Namjoon said, "Normally Tae has a mega phone."

"Today I'm the megaphone." Jin screamed, making them all jump a little.

"Shut up, please. The game hasn't even started," Hoseok glared over at Jin, though it looked almost pleading. "I'm not high enough for this, babe. Just stop screaming."

"Yoongi! Stop wiping off your face paint! Your face is going to be stained red if you do!" And there was Jimin, trying to swat Yoongi's hands away from his face. "I worked too hard for you to ruin my masterpiece."

"Minnie I'm going to sweat it off at this rate!" The man complained, but Taehyung knew that the way he shoved his free hand into his pocket was the sign of defeat. Jin made a noise of annoyance to his left and Tae just shrugged- turned his attention back to the field where the ball was being passed of. A second passed- and then Jungkook had the ball- he took off down the field, the home side of the stadium silent.

One of the opposing team players was near catching up to the man- but JK threw the ball towards someone a yard line down just as he was being tackled. He fell, a group of other players weighing him down, but his teammate was quick, dashing past the players closet to him before throwing the football yet again. It landed in the final players arms just as Tae saw JK stand up, all the people on top of him running towards the one with the ball- but it was pointless, the boy had already made it to the endzone.