1989

The first time it happened Jungkook thought he was just overreacting. It had been a month into dating, and Jungkook was chilling at Tae's, when the boy came strolling out- hand in hand with Jimin- and told Jungkook they were going to watch a movie and grab lunch. It had stung a bit- the weekends were their time. The only time of the week in which they could forget about JK's dad or their bogus school work. Yet, there they went- leaving him alone in Taehyung' garage.

The second time it happened Jungkook assumed it was just a bad day- it had been a week later. The same thing- Tae taking Jimin off for some dumb activity and leaving Jungkook alone.

The next few times, made him upset. He'd wait week after week for alone time with his boyfriend and then when he thought he'd finally get it, the two would stroll away. On the rare Saturdays that they weren't off by himself, they'd sit off on their own- whispering things to one another that surely, surely, Tae had already told Kook. They didn't do secrets.

Slowly though, he realized that what was happening was leaving him sad, confused- in crowds of people he barely knew in order to avoid Tae's garage. He found that the hours he spent with the older man were dwindling, going to time spent with Jimin. Jimin would come meet them for lunch, and Jimin would walk Tae home after school to 'save Kook time'. The small boy would take Tae on saturday's- whispered words would be shared between them.

But today- Today was supposed to be their day. Sunday. Every Sunday Tae was his, just his, and they'd go to circle K and go to the park- spray painting the play setup before finding their way home again. Cuddles, shared kisses, dumb photos. They'd go to the furniture stores and pick out what they wanted in their future home- then get kicked out for sleep on the couches.

So that's what they should be doing, what they should have been doing. Yet instead, when he'd walked into Tae's room, Taehyung and Jimin were asleep cuddled on the bottom bunk of the bed, limbs draped lazily over one another. At first Jungkook thought maybe Tae was cheating on him- but then he realized that that was stupid. So honestly, the younger one was just stumped.

"Right..." he muttered to himself, gently setting his bag on the floor. He had even brought Tae some of his shirts to have- but it clearly didn't matter that much anymore.

So instead, he walked past the two, a little heartbroken- or a lot heart broken. He didn't know what to do anymore except just let it happen, let the two exist together- because maybe he was just really overreacting. Or at least that's what he was thinking as he plopped down on one of Taehyung's bean bags, curling up into himself.

Why him? Why was Jungkook the tortured one? Why couldn't Tae see he was upset and just- be there? Be there the one time he promised he would be?

It wasn't fair.

Behind him there was a shuffling noise, "Koo~?" came Tae's confused, tired voice.

"Hey, Tae," He sighed, keeping his eyes locked at a random spot on the floor. He was upset- he didn't want to be reminded why.

"Jungkook?" Jimin's voice rang out. Apparently not looking wouldn't prevent him from being reminded. "When did you get here?"

"A minute or so ago," he chose not to elaborate- he didn't want to. If he did, he could say something he would regret.

There were a few muffled whispers behind him, before Jimin made the random- obviously scripted, announcement that he was leaving to go find Yoongi. A weird feeling of relief flooded through Jungkook's veins, mumbling a half hearted goodbye to the boy.

Once he was gone Tae whined, "Koo~" he whined again, and Jungkook could sense the pout- sense the grabby hands, "Come cuddle."

"You said we would go out today," he muttered- and then he remembered why he just needed to keep his mouth shut sometimes. "That today would be an us day."