Prologue

-----------------------> A SEVEN YEAR OLD SIRIUS ORION BLACK III TRIED his very best to tune down the voices of the adults surrounding him

"-And honestly, a waste of space that thing was, and a waste of my time as well. Asked for a job, can you believe it!" 

"Horrible." Walburga Black said. "What did you say? Did you hurt it?" 

"Why, I asked it to get out of my office of course," A gentleman with handsome features replied, his lips curving upwards. "After all, hunting creatures has been declared illegal, but I managed to get a few curses in before it ran away. I doubt anybody would have noticed the difference." He said slyly.

Laughter erupted from the throats of the grown-ups.

Sirius found it sick. They were talking about a muggle-born -a human being- like he was a creature. 

The adults all bragged about how they treated the muggle-borns, and the children looked up at them in awe, trying -and failing- to imitate their parents.

Sirius needed air.

He got up slowly and slipped out of the crowd. Nobody noticed his absence, all of them currently listening to Lord Rosier's story of how he made a mud blood cry in one sentence with avid fascination.

Sirius went into the library and felt himself be surprised at seeing the shadow of another person there. 

He knew every Black family member was in the parlour, so the person out here must be a Rosier. But that was weird. After all, which Rosier would miss the opportunity to hear their Lord brag about his deeds with the 'filthy mud bloods?' 

Sirius walked closer to the person, trying to get a better look.

Sitting calmly on a chair with the grace of an angel was a girl who looked to be around his age reading a book. She was very pretty, he noted idly, with dark golden-brown curls of hair framing blue eyes and an aristocratic face. Despite knowing that the golden-brown hair was a trademark of the Rosier family (like the grey eyes of the Blacks and white-blonde hair of the Malfoy's) and racking his brain with his genealogy knowledge to know exactly who she was, he still couldn't believe it. A Rosier was reading a book that did not contain curses, hexes, rituals or dark magic. She was actually reading a children's book- The Tales of Beedle the Bard.

"It's rude to stare." The girl said without looking up to meet his eyes.

Sirius snapped back to reality upon hearing her voice. "It's also rude to be in somebody's library without prior notice." He retorted.

Now the girl put down her book. She looked at him with such sparkling, twinkling eyes and such a smiling face that he once again doubted that she was a Rosier, considering the only time he had seen Lord Rosier smile was when he was making up ways to torture muggles, mud bloods and creatures.