CHAPTER 7

NATALIE

The nerve of that guy.

I stormed out from the greenhouse because I've had enough of his shit. He has no right in dictating me what to do. So what if Thomas is a bad guy, I can take care of myself!

Though I don't know why I feel like this, it's like something inside me is tearing up, giving me a heavy heart. Well maybe its just my conscience, who knows.

Heading straight out of the campus, I look for Thomas car. He said he'd be here after class, I check my phone, and I found a couple of text from him minutes ago.

"I don't know why you're taking so long. But anyway I'll be at this address and if you still want to hang out with me,  you can meet me here."

The next text was the address, I copy it then open up my Google Map and paste the address he sent me, it said that it's just a few blocks away from here. Following the direction, I walk through the side of the street into the unfamiliar neighborhood. The map said that I have arrive at my destination but the only thing in front of me is and abandoned building. It looks old, creepy and smelly,  there were vandalism everywhere and there are some untidy people on the corner who are creepily staring at me.

With a shaky hand, I quickly unlock my phone and dial Thomas' number. I just hope he didn't give me a wrong address. He picked it up by the second ring, and I can hear other voices laughing in the other line. Is he partying? Because I can't here a loud music out here, it's just the crickets and my loud pounding heart.

"Hey Natalie, where are you?" there's a loud music in the background, and he's yelling.

"I.. uhm, I'm here at the address you sent me." My voice came out a little shaky as my heart beats really fast, and it's really getting dark out here. "I don't think you gave me the right one."

"What? Wait let me check... " the loud music still in the background, and then I heard him swear, "Shit, I'm sorry. I'm coming to get you now just stay there."

By the sound of it he really did give me the wrong address and I'm not liking this feeling out here, the people didn't stop staring at me like I'm a piece of meat for them. Large cold sweat drops from my forehead, feeling how quick my chest is pumping, the smell is getting awful and it's making my stomach turn.

I hug myself to calm down, but I had shiver down my spine when I felt something touching my shoulder I turn my head to see if it's Thomas but to my horror it's an old man with a foul smell, and he is playing with my hair.

I felt so creep out, so I scream and run, but he strongly thug my sling bag and pull me back. I keep screaming help as the drag me back to the abandoned building, trying me best to resist their grip around me as they started to hover over me touching my clothes one by one as if I'm some kind of a prophet. One of them tries to grab my jacket off me, but I was surprise and relieve when he was sent to the air with the loud thud.

It was Thomas, he punch the man that he pulled earlier and the other people around me quickly disappear.

"Thomas." I stand up and bury my face to his chest, "I'm so scared."

"Shhh, it's alright. We need to get out of here now."

Thomas drives me up to the apartment because he said that I need to clean myself up. I had mud stains all over my pants because of all the dragging. I invited him over to show my gratitude, and he gladly accept it.

"I'll be right back." I give him a kind smile, and he smiles back.

"Just take your time." Thomas replies.