LEFT, OLD FRIEND, NEW PERSON

I woke up to the sound of glass shattering and voices shouting. My parents are fighting again. What time is it… I looked at the digital clock at my nightstand. It reads 4:00 A.M. Why are they fighting four in the morning? It’s so early in the morning. Ugh!

“God damn it Rick! You’re drinking again!” that’s my mother shouting at my father’s addiction to booze.

“What is it to you huh?! I work my butt off for this! Not like you! You sleep with your boss just to get the fucking money! Whore!” and that’s my father insulting my whorish mother.

“Well at least I got loads of money from that! Not like you, you just sleep around and nothing happens you only got satisfaction! You fucking asshole!”

I covered my face with a pillow to shut out their loud voices. God they are so fucking loud. I groaned and pull up the blanket to my head. I wrapped myself with it.

And then I heard a slap. It echoed through the house. and it went silent. I think their exhausted and catching their breaths or making out again. Yuck! damn slut parents!

Can’t I just have peace in one day?! That’s not even hard to do. All they need to do is just shut up and do nothing. Ugh I still want to sleep. I didn’t get enough sleep last night. I keep thinking of a certain person.

My thoughts went to my new neighbor. His brown hair and his tall, muscular, built body. Oh god. My new neighbor is hot. Stop thinking about him Micah! He is probably a player with his looks and body.

Why am I even thinking about him? Pssh Micah you and your thoughts again. Shut up brain. I can’t stop. Just look at our new neighbor. Hot and he might have a sexy ass. Okay stop it Micah.

I can still hear my parents shouting downstairs. Wow! Couldn’t they get any louder. I bet the whole state can hear them now. Now I’m wishing that I have those I pods that people use to hear music.

After 2 hours of screaming and thrashing the house they stopped. Finally!

When I hear them climbing down the stairs I sat up. I heard two doors opened and closed. I guess my father is sleeping in the guest room again.

I better get to shower then. I know it’s still early but later I’ll be rushing already. I got into shower and cleaned myself. I thought about a lot of things in the shower.

My parents, me and the guy next door. I know he should be the least I should be worried on but I don’t know I have this feelings that his bad new and a good news at the same time.

My brain is shouting: Stop thinking about him Micah he is bad news! Stay away from him! But my heart says otherwise: Go! Know more about him Micah. I think he is not that bad news, maybe he is actually a good guy you’re just judging him.

Maybe I should listen to my heart. No, I should listen to my brain. Ugh! I can’t think anymore. Blaaaaaaaank. I got out of the shower and put on my clothes.

I went out of my room and went downstairs. I stepped on a piece of glass. Shit I forgot my slipper! Mother of cookies and cream! It hurts like hell! I want to scream from the pain. But I don’t want to wake up my parents. So I just cried.

I made my way to my room again and rushed to my bathroom. I washed the cut. I hissed from the pain and cried harder. I looked at the cut. It’s not that bad. It wasn’t deep so it will be good tomorrow.

I can say I’m used to pain. But I’m still human. I can still feel it.

Grabbing the first aid kit at the corner, I take out the bandage. I put it slowly and carefully on my cut. I hissed in pain again. Gosh why does it have to be this painful?!