SHOCK MODE

“Stop please!” I cried loudly for them to hear. I’ve been saying those words a lot of times now and my throat is already dry from shouting and crying.

This so much worse than Rodel’s fight with my father. This more worse was because Sam was fighting back and my father won’t back down.

Blood are oozing out from different parts of their faces. Both of their shirts are also stained with blood. I just can’t take it.

I don’t like the sight. All I see is blood. Then I blacked out.

Squinting my eyes, I covered my eyes with my hands from the bright light. When my eyes adjusted to it I uncovered my eyes.

I tried to sit up but I felt a strong ache on my head and I gripped my temples from the pain, trying to massage my head from the hammering.

“Ow, ow, ow. Ouch, it hurts.” I shut my eyes.

“Angel.” Someone said.

Angel? Opening my eyes to look at a really worried Sam. His eyes were red, I think from crying and his hair were sticking to different directions.

It’s a funny sight but when I looked back at his eyes. They were red?

“Are you ok?” He asked, worry written all over his face.

I tried to talk but it came out nothing. My throat was too dry to talk and it hurts. I rubbed my throat.

“Water?” he asked.

I nodded. “I’ll be back.” He said and went to another room, which I think is their kitchen.

He came back with a glass full of water. He gave me the glass and I grabbed it, carefully drinking the water.

“Thanks. My head hurts so badly. And where am I? What day is it? Where is my father? Are you hurt?” I asked him so many questions.

“Slow down angel. I’ll get some pain killers for that. You are in my house. And it’s Thursday. Your father is at work and I’m ok.” He answered all of my questions.

I am in his house. Oh my gosh… What am I doing here? And it’s Thursday?! Fucking Thursday! I’ve been out for two days. Holy shit.

Looking at Sam, busted lip and a bruise on left cheek. Thank God there is only a few damage on his face.

“I’m sorry.” I cried. I know he fought my father but it’s still my fault. I should’ve just let him stay at his room. I should’ve not been friends with him. I should’ve just ignored him. This is all my fault.

“Hey. Hey Micah. Don’t be sorry. And I know you’re thinking that this is all your fault which is a big not.” He stated.

“But-“ He cut me off.

“It’s not Micah. Look I chose to stay right by your side. I chose to fight him okay.”

“But-“ He cut me off again.

“I will protect you always Micah okay.” He said.

I looked at his eyes to see if his lying but I saw it holds so much sincerity. I bit my lip not sure with him. I mean we just met four days ago.

He did save your life Micah. If it wasn’t for him, you could’ve been beaten up pretty bad by your father. And there is a chance that you could’ve died from that.

I sighed and nodded at him. He smiled and kissed temple. He said. He sat beside me and we fell to a peaceful silence.

He stood up and scratched the back of his neck. “Uhm I should get that pain killers.” He walked to the same room again.