YOU ARE MEAN

“Micah stop running!” a voice yelled behind me.

I know I hate running and I suck at it. But I still try to run away from him as fast as possible.

I was already out of breathe but I still pushed my two puny legs to run. Okay, I don’t think this is called running but hey, at least I’m trying.

I cannot take it anymore! My lungs and legs give up!

I stopped and hold for support on a locker. Breathe Micah, breathe.

Someone grabbed my arm, turning me around and I came face to face to Rodel. Who is also catching his breathe.

“Why *breath* were *breath* you *breath* running?” He asked panting.

“I dunno.” I answered bluntly. But the truth is I just don’t want her girlfriend to see us talking. Which I know is worse than just smiling at each other.

I stared at me in disbelief. “I can’t believe you let me run there.” Lazy ass.

I rolled my eyes at him. I can’t tell him that. ‘Hey I was just running like in a marathon because of your crazy girlfriend trying to plunge a fork on my eye if I just glance at you.’

“Sorry buddy.” I apologized. It’s just I don’t really want to be slapped again. And it still hurts. But I covered it with magic which is the makeup.

“It’s okay.” He smiled at me and he was still panting. So I rubbed his back but before that I checked my surroundings if his crazy girlfriend is around. When there’s no sign of her I continued on rubbing his back.

I feel sorry for Rodel. For making him run and for his crazy girlfriend. But it’s his choice, not mine. So I’m just going to back off and let him be.

I don’t want to ruin his relationship with that, uhm, girlfriend of his. If that’s what you call a guy in a relationship with a crazy girl.

Oh Rodel… you don’t know what you got there. I can tell she is a keeper. Note the sarcasm. More like she will lock you up just for her own satisfaction.

I remembered I still have two class to attend. But since I spend this time on running, I only have one class left to attend.

I stopped rubbing Rodel’s back and he looked at me noticing that I stopped.

“Uhm, sorry buddy but I still need to attend last period and I already skipped the other one by running with you. So… I’m gonna go.” I threw my thumb over my shoulder.

“It’s okay. You can go. I also have class and I’m lucky that this was my free time.” I smiled at him.

“Thanks buddy! Bye! Be careful!” I beamed at him and went to my next and last period of the day.

^*^*^*^*^*^

Hmm… last period, boring. The teacher just gave us homework so I’m good.

I put all my books inside my locker but kept the ones with homework on it.

Since there is no laptop and certainly no internet on our home I’m stuck with reading books. But I don’t mind, I love reading.

A pair of hands covered my sight and only darkness I can see. I thought it was Ayanna or Claire but when I touched the unknown person’s hand it certainly wasn’t theirs.

It was rough and big which I think belongs to a guy. But Rodel’s hand was soft, so not him.

I touched his fingers, nope not Christian, Christian’s hand has long and skinny fingers. Okay I’m starting to freak out this is definitely not Pierce’s hand, his hand was small.