Blonde-Haired Bastard

The next morning, Y/N and Hermione awoke in the same single bed, hands connected, with Ron and Harry sat at the end of the bed looking at them trying to hold back laughter.

"Shut up," Y/N said before they said anything. "Let's just go get breakfast."

Hermione went into the bathroom first to get washed, while Y/N got changed in the room they shared last night. They switched once Hermione was finished, then went down to the dining area and sat around the table.

Just then, the front door opened and slammed behind the person.

"He's back!" George yelled. "Dad's home!"

Mr Weasley had entered the Burrow wearing long green, battered, old robes. He walked into the kitchen with a tired, yet joyous looked on his face.

"What a night!" Mr Weasley said. "Nine raids. Nine! And old Mundungus Fletcher tried to put a hex on me when I had my back turned..."

He poured himself a cup of tea and downed it in a matter of seconds.

"Find anything dad?" Fred asked as Ella came strutting down the stairs and towards the table stacked with food.

"All I got were a few shrinking door keys and a biting kettle," he said as he yawned. Y/N made a separate plate of breakfast and placed it on the floor for Ella to eat from. "There was some pretty nasty stuff that wasn't my department, though. Mortlake was taken away for questioning about some extremely odd ferrets, but that's the Committee on Experimental Charms, thank goodness..." he finished taking a bite of toast.

"Why would anyone bother making door keys shrink?" George asked his father.

"Just Muggle baiting," he sighed. "Sell them a key that keeps shrinking to nothing so they can never find it when they need it... Of course, it's very hard to convict anyone because no Muggle would admit their keys keep shrinking. They'll insist they just keep losing them. Bless them, they'll go to any lengths to ignore magic, even if its staring them in the face... but the things our lot have taken to enchanting, you wouldn't belie-"

"LIKE CARS, FOR INSTANCE?" Mrs Weasley had bellowed shocking everyone in the room. Mr Weasley looked genuinely scared of his wife at the moment. She can be scary when she wants to be.

"C-cars, Molly, dear?"

"Yes, Arthur, cars! Like the one you've hidden in the garage outside. The same one our sons flew to Surrey and back last night. The same car Harry and Y/N arrived in. That damned Ford!"

"Did they really?" Arthur said excitedly. "How'd it... wait did you say Harry and Y/N? As in Harry and Y/N Potter?" He finally took a look around the table and Y/N and Harry at the other side. "Good Lord, it's the Potters!"

Mr Weasley stood and walked around the table offering his hand to them both.

"Tell me boys... what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?"

"Erm... it... it's a toy for the bath?" Y/N said looking at Harry and Hermione for help. They just shrugged at him. "And... it squeaks?"

"Fascinating..."

He went off on a rant about an electrical fire he found in the house of the biting kettle victim, so Ron decided to bring the quartet up to his room. He and Harry were going to share a room while Y/N and Hermione would have to share the room next door. They didn't mind that much, but they both went bright red when Mrs Weasley told them.

As they were climbing the stairs they heard a girlish squeak from behind a partially opened door.

"Ginny," Ron told them. "Its nice to see her like this, she never shuts up normally. Gives my ears a break. She seems to like the famous Potter twins."