5-- maybe he likes me back? (May 27 2020)

(I'm so terrible at writing in first person so I'm sorry if this is bad)

Kai's POV

I was looking at Lloyd, he was playing video games. Of course I was hiding in the shadows, behind the corner. If he noticed I was staring at him, I would totally be dead meat! Lloyd was amazing at video games. He always beats me, and it looks like hes even beating Jay!

Lloyd was playing Mario Kart, and he was killing Jay. He was in first place, meanwhile Jay was in dead last. I laughed silently, as this was payback for all those times he killed me at Mario Kart!

Jay looks over for a split second to congratulate Lloyd on his epic victory and he almost sees me. I gasp and lean further against the wall. Jay shrugs and goes back to the handshake. Upon Jay's suspicion Lloyd looks over. "What?" He asks. "N-nothing, I thought for a second I saw Kai!"

Lloyd gasps. "Kai?" He smiles. Crap crap crap crap crap IM SO DEAD!!!!! I run out of the room, not paying attention I run into Zane, who says, "what's the rush, Kai? Is there something in there? Should I be concerned?" I shake my head and say, "no, Zane it's nothing, just...a kerfuffle."

Zane looks confused. "My database indicates you have used that word incorrectly. Would you like me to explain the proper definition?" No. I will not waste time listening to some stupid Urban Dictionary shit while Jay and Lloyd may be looking for me. "Nah its good" I say, then run off.

I just barely made it to my room before Nya had the chance to text me. "Hey, what's going on? Zane says you were in a hurry to get out of the front room for some reason. Mind telling me what's on your mind?"

Oh crap now I gotta tell Nya what's going on. UGH THIS IS THE WORST DAY EVER!!!!!!

I text back. "Nothing just...a little thing underneath the TV stand. It had like 400 legs." I'm guessing this will raise suspicions, I've never been afraid of bugs and theres no bug that has 400 legs and is under the TV stand, especially not on a flying pirate ship. But fortunately for me, Nya is not suspicious. "Yeah, okay. Just wondering" then goes offline.

Phew! That was close!!

Dont worry, well get there soon! Just sit tight!

--time skip cause I can--

Kai's POV still

After dinner we had played more video games, cause its Saturday and theres no training on Saturday. I was totally killing Jay when the phone rang. I leaned over to pick it up, but because I was also trying to play the game at the same time, I ended up dropping the controller and the phone. I fell off my chair as Jay laughs.

"What you laughing at, @zap_trap?" I said angrily as i pulled myself up back onto the chair. I picked up the phone and said, "hello? Who is this?"

The phone responds: Hi, this is Ninjago City Police Department, we've been getting some reports of distracted flying for both the red and green ninjas. I hope you can fix this problem in the future. Thank you." And hangs up.

Well. I'm the red ninja.

And Lloyd is the green ninja.

Ah, lloyd...sweet, handsome lloyd....

"YO HOTHEAD!!!" Jay screams into my ear. "ANYONE HOME?????" I fall off the chair again in response, and tell as I hit the floor. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??????" I scream at Jay, making my fist go up in flames. I quickly put it out, and take a deep breath. Okay, that was close.

"Woah, sorry, I just thought, you kinda...went.....out. for a second. You okay?" He says to me, holding his hand out to me in an effort to make amends.

Welp sorry this was kinda short
Word count: 656