Finding Maria

As the boat docks, the Gears head up a flight of stairs.

"Guys, look. Lit torches. I think we are sneakin' in the back door." Dom points out.

"Then hopefully we won't run into too many grubs." Rex says.

The Gears then approach what looks the highway the old man was talking about.

"With that many troops on the move, that's gotta be the highway

"With that many troops on the move, that's gotta be the highway." Dom says.

"Then let's follow them to where the action is." Marcus states.

Dom stops him. "Wait, Marcus. The old guy said we had to branch off the highway at the dam."

Marcus sighs. "Look, we need to stick to the mission. We have no idea if Maria's down here, and every-"

"I need to know." Dom cuts him off. "You guys don't have to go with me, all right?"

"Dammit, that's just gonna get us both killed!" Marcus exclaims. We need to get into the stronghold and activate the beacon. This is it, Dom. This is everything we've been fighting for."

"That's what we thought about the Lightmass Bomb, Marcus." Rex recollects. "And we all know how that turned out."

"This is gonna be different, Rex." Marcus insists.

"Yeah, well, Maria's everything I've been fighting for." Dom snaps. "She's my fucking wife, all right?"

"So you're just gonna turn your back on the whole world, then?" Marcus says. "The other Gears we've fought with? All the people who've died?"

Dom shakes his head. "I'm sorry, Marcus. After what you did for your father, I thought you'd understand."

As Dom leaves, Rex starts to follow him but Marcus stops him. "Rex, you too?"

"If it was one of my brothers Marcus, I'd do the same goddamn thing." Rex says shrugging Marcus's hand off. "Anthony, Benny, Clay, Gary... they're all I've got. You, Dom, Anya, Cole, Sam, hell even Baird, I'd risk going to jail again if it meant saving you guys."

Rex jogs off after Dom, leaving Marcus to exhale. "Ah, hell... Dom, Rex, wait up."

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

The Gears take an elevator down and see work camps below.

"Look." Dom points.