Anvil Gate

After an hour of flying over the Anvegad Plains, Dom looks back at Baird. "Baird, you sure this thing's still on course?"

"Look, I programmed the course Sam gave us." Baird says. "You want a coloring book or something? Pencils? Look somethin' shiny!"

Cole glances back at them. "You kids better behave! Don't make me turn this thing around!"

"That's supposed to be my line, Cole." Rex points out.

Marcus turns to Baird. "Baird, how long before we're in radio range of Anvil Gate?"

"We're past the halfway mark." Baird states. "Ooh, maybe Hoffman will have the coffee ready!"

"Oh, yeah. And some cookies too..." Cole says, mouth-watering at the thought.

Delta then hears explosion from the northeast and sees two barges firing down at a small settlement.

"Someone's taking a pounding out there..." Marcus states.

"I'm holding 'em off as best I can. Anyone picking this up? This is Truck Fifty-Four! I need some help fast, or else I'm gonna be kissin' my ass goodbye!"

Rex widens his eyes. "You gotta be fucking kidding me."

Marcus taps his comm. "That you, Dizzy?"

"Marcus Fenix! Well, I'll be damned! Where are ya, son?"

"We're on our way, Dizzy!" Marcus replies. "See the extra barge comin' in? That's us."

"You jacked a grub barge? Damn, Marcus, you got some hangers on ya!"

Marcus chuckles. "Hangers. Son of a bitch. We'll get those grubs off your back. Hang on."

Baird then points at the barges. "Hey, looks like they're carrying ammo crates! You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?"!

"Let's target 'em and see what happens." Marcus orders.

"I'm on it." Rex gets on one of the Boomshot turrets and launches several rounds, blowing the left barge up.

"Good call, Baird!" Dom praises.

Rex then spins right and aims for the second barge, blowing it up as well.

"Whoa, ho! Yeah!" Cole cheers. "Two in row, nice shooting!"

"Baird, get this thing as close to the ground as you can!" Marcus says. "We're going in!"

Marcus, Dom, Rex, and Cole head for the lines as Baird pulls out the nav system. "Just in case it decides to go exploring without us."

Delta then descends down the lines and gets into cover with Dizzy.

"You takin' on the Locust all by yourself again, Dizzy?" Rex jokes.

Dizzy shrugs. "I guess I shoulda learned my lesson against Skorge!"

"Well, looks like you learned plenty!" Dom chuckles.

Delta and Dizzy shoot down the guards as a Reaver then lands in front of them.

"Take out that buzzard!" Dizzy shouts.

Rex grabs a Torque from a dead guard and fires the arrow right at the center eye of the Reaver, blinding it.

The Reaver roars is the arrow blows up it's head, and the body slides down dead.

Dizzy stands up and spreads his arms, laughing. "Wasn't expecting to run into you boys again! Come on, help me move some of this ammo before the goddamn grubs come back! I found a stash back here before the grubs jumped me. Fort needs every round we can get."