Chapter 2: The mission

I groaned loudly when I heard my alarm clock go off. It was 9am. Today was a Saturday and I decided that I did not want to train in the gym today as I was still tired from yesterday's activity.

I quickly hopped off the bed and made my way to my bathroom. I took a quick shower, brush my teeth and washed my face. I then made my way downstairs to the dining hall where everyone was gathering for breakfast.

I spotted my mum sitting down looking through her phone. I went up to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Morning mummy, where is Baba?" I asked her. My mum was a true beauty. She was slim curvy with beautiful sun-kissed skin. My mum was 5'7. She had thick black hair that was wavy and fell mid-back. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of brown and they were large.

My mum used to be an assassin herself working for the Pakistani Mafia. She was one of my role models and she taught me everything of how an assassin should be.

"Morning my baby, he is on his way down. Speaking of Baba, we both have something important to discuss with you. Let's wait for everyone shall we?"
I simply nodded. I wonder what they were going to discuss with me about.

Later, Afarinah came down with my dad. She was a daddy's girl for sure and I was my mum's favourite, but all of us loved each other dearly. My dad's green eyes shone underneath the lights.

My dad was a very tall man, 6'4 in fact. He was muscular and had brown curly hair together with very fair skin. His Lebanese Italian genes made him stood out the most amongst his siblings.

Soon, some other gang members who lived with us joined our table for breakfast. They greeted my parents who were at the head of the table. The maids then came out, setting our breakfast and then left to do the chores.

We then began eating our breakfast. About halfway through my second bagel, my dad cleared his throat and gave a look to my mum. Who stopped eating and looked at me.

I was confused for a second. The expression that they were showing was...nervousness? Mummy and Baba aren't nervous people. They are anything but that.

I raised my eyebrow at them. This is weird. Suddenly, my dad started speaking.

"Mio bambino, I have a mission for you. It may seem sudden but I know you are the perfect person for the job," Baba said. He still looked nervous and I am starting to get really suspicious. Mummy looked nervous and my sister was waiting for them to say the mission. The other gang members on the table looked at me wearily and they looked nervous as heck.

Like as if I was about to explode after hearing the news they were going to convey. I gave them a puzzled look and they looked down to their food.

"Okay seriously mummy and baba just say it, I am sure it is nothing so bad so can all of us chill and not look like someone is shitting in their cereal already?" I sighed.

The next few words that Baba said made me widen my eyes and choke on my food.

"You have to get enrolled into a public school and spy on someone for us. You will be starting Next Monday," Baba said slowly, as if he was handling a diamond.

My mum was waiting for my answer and looking at me expecting for my outburst. Afarinah's eyes were widened as well.

The only thought in my head was,

What the fucking hell.

The other gang members looked at me expectantly. I only gave them a thin smile. Mummy and Baba looked scared now. Okay seriously can everyone chill ? I took in deep breaths.

"Well what the fucking hell Mummy and Baba, you expect me to turn up to a public school when I have been home schooled for 12 fucking years of my life? Yeah fucking amazing," instead I said this,

"Okay cool. So what is the mission?" Baba looked shocked. Mummy looked relieved. The gang members sitting there blew out a sigh of relief. Natasha, one of the older assassins looked at me, as if asking I was okay with this. My sister looked calm.

Okay seriously why is everyone so tensed up about this? Its just a mission, nothing so hard about it.

"There is a reason why we are tense Ali. You have been homeschooled your entire life. Not knowing what teenagers like you are out there and having a normal high school life. Of course we are worried." My sister said. Oh I said that out loud.

"So you will do it dear? You don't have to if you are not comfortable we completely understand and we can-"

I cut my mum off, "Mummy it's totally fine. I can do this mission. This is gonna be easy. Right?"

Baba suddenly stood up together with my mum. "Let's go to the office and discuss this further shall we?"

I nodded and dragged my sister along with me.

This should be fun.