Chapter 4

As I was walking out the door, I noticed a note hanging next to it. It read: "Tiffany, I will be home in 3 days. Maybe 4. Another business trip. Sorry honey. There is $75 in the cookie jar for food or anything else you need. I love you. Be good. Dont get into too much trouble. Love, Mom"

Well ever since I was really young, my dad ran out on me and my mother. 2 years ago my mom got a new job and she has to go out of state a lot. I'm home alone a lot because of that.

I walked outside and got into the car with Ryan. He had the radio on and it was playing my favorite song. Im Not The Only One by Sam Smith.

"You saaaaaay im crazy 'cause you don't think I know what you've done. But wheen you call me baby, I know im not the only one." I sang along with the song.

"Woah. You cang sing so good.!" He said as he was turning down the radio.

I started blushing hard, smiling, and I thanked him.

"So where are we going?"

"Just this little restaurant my friend's family owns called Outback."

When we pulled up he came around to my side and open my door. We walked inside and he already had a table reserved. We sat down and ordered. Then he asked me about myself again. He wanted to know about me and my parents.

"Well my dad ran out on us when I was really young. My mom is away a lot because of the job she has so she goes out of state a lot. Like she left a note for me today saying she'd be back in 3 days maybe 4. And me, well im the only child. You would think that's a good life. But it's not. Its hard growing up without a father figure and barely seeing your mom. I guess you can say I matured a lot since my mom got this job." I said while I started to tear up. I hurried and looked away and wiped my face and held my tears back. Then I asked him about his family. I was surprised at what he said.

"Well my father ran out on me and my mom when I was young too. My mother is an alcoholic and a hoe I guess you could say. There's always a new guy in her room. They always tell me they'll be here and be a good father but then they're gone the next day. I had a younger brother, but we lost him 2 years ago in a car accident. He died on impact. I guess life isn't exactly so good for me. In my old city, I got into a lot of fights, sadly my mom made me join a gang for a while so I could 'protect' myself. They made me do things im not so proud of. They had me doing drugs for a while to but I definitely cleaned myself up. But enough about me. Food's here. Lets dig in."

We ate dinner and decided since it was Friday, we could just do our project tomorrow. So when we were done we went back to my house and sat down and talked for a bit. In my house we have a mini theater room. We decided to go watch a movie together. I have learned so much about him and I think im falling for him already. Why. I just dont understand.

He said he had to go home but somehow I convinced him to stay the night with me. We watched another movie and I went and sat next to him on the couch. We looked into each others eyes for a little bit but then he leaned in, grabbed my face, and kissed me.

I can't believe I just kissed a guy I just met earlier today in school. Gosh I hope he stays around. We stopped kissing and I cuddled up to him and peacefully fell asleep.