Chapter 2

Ryan's P.O.V

I woke up and had to start my first day at my new school on a Friday. I tried to ask my mom to stay home but she was drunk and had some new guy with her. Might as well get out of the house now.

For me, it was bad growing up as a kid. My mom was a bad alcoholic and my dad ran out on us when I was 2. I never met my dad but I've met plenty of guys my mom brings home that would like to "take his place." We move around a lot so I switch schools a lot. To deal with this, I got into fights, gangs, and tampered with drugs for a little bit.

Anyways, my mom is too drunk to drive me to school so looks like im walking. Its not that far anyways. When I got there, this one girl caught my eye. She was absolutly gorgeous. I knew a no life like me could never get her attention.

The tardy bell rang and I realised I was late for class but I didn't know where I was going. I had to ask security to show me where my class is. When I walked into class, if course the teacher introduced me. I've heard the same old "Students welcome Ryan Blackwell" many times so far this year.

The teacher then said something I got interested in. He told me to go sit in the back next to Tiffany. She looked up at me. It was her. The girl in the hallway that caught my eye. She had the prettiest hazel/brown eyes. She had a sparkle in her eye it was perfect. I made my way back to my seat and sat down.

I finally had the courage to say something to her after like 10 minutes of awkward silence.

"Hey, I'm Ryan." I said to her.

"Hey, I'm Tiffany." She replied in the most innocent voice.

I could tell right off the bat she was a good girl. She would never like me. But hey I might as well give it a try.

"So I know im new around here and I was wondering if you could maybe show me around." I said while hoping she'd say yes.

"Sure," She said as she handed me her number, "call me if you have any questions."

I could already tell this was going to be a good year. Especially now that I found someone to spend it with. Just one problem. Is she ever going to like me?