Chapter 8

So here we were in this big open field just laying there. It was dark now so we layed there looking at the stars and talking about anything that came to mind. I then got enough courage to ask him about his past.

"So Ryan, you know how you told me about your past and how you -"

He cut me off and asked if we could talk later cause he didn't want to 'ruin the night'.

After that his phone started ringing and it was his mom calling. You could tell she was drunk. She was yelling at him telling him to come home. The reason why, i didnt know. He then hung up the phone and said he was going to take me home before something bad happens.

He helped me up and into the car. I asked him what it was about but he continued to tell me no. I figured if he wants to tell me then he'll tell me eventually, no need to rush since i just met him pretty much yesterday.

We finally made it back to my house when i noticed something not right. The front door was wide open and there were tire marks throughout the yard. He wouldnt let me go inside without him going before me.

He waked ahead if me into the house and cleared every room, and the basement, to make sure i was safe. All that was broken was a lamp. I told him i was scared and didnt want to be by myself that night. He told me come with hin so he can check on his mom then we'll come back to my house for the night.

We locked up my house and left. Once we got to his house, he told me to wait in the car.

"But i want to go in,"  I said, " i don't want anything to happen to you."

"I'll be okay babygirl. Ive been through this before."

He closed the car door and i locked them all. He walked away from the car and into the house. I was outside for about 10 minutes and i started hearing screaming between him and another guy, who sounded a lot older. I never pictured him sounding so mean before. It scared me a little bit.

Just then i heard something that made my heart drop.

*BANG BANG*

Two gunshots and screams. I was scared not only for myself, but for him. I unlocked my door and ran inside. Not the best decision i made...