Chapter 5

"So why are you here, to get into my mom's pants?

"JACE!! Keep your mouth shut."

I grab him and sit him at the kitchen table.

"Do we have a problem here, Jace?

"Don't hurt my mom, or waste her time if your only here for, S-E-X!

"We are friends Jace," Dustin confirms.

"I'm not stupid."

"That's enough no more. Dustin, you should go."

"Fine, sorry."

"No, I am sorry. Thank you for your help today. You went above and beyond for us today."

"You're welcome. Jace, I'll be seeing you. Let's be friends, not enemies?

"Will see."

Dustin sent me a smile that curved at the edge of his mouth. His mouth that looks oddly familiar. He pushed off the counter and walked passed me and he placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it, heat spread from his gentle touch. The heat spreads through the expansion of my whole body.
My heart started to speed up, I feel faint from his touch or like I'm being woken up for the first time in a long time. This incredible tingle kept springing to life inside me.
Dustin walks out. I take Kendi upstairs and get her down to bed. I go back downstairs.

"Mom, don't. Don't fall for that act he's putting on. He's a bad boy."

"What makes you think he's a bad boy?

"Really mom? He's got tattoos, huge muscles, a motorcycle and he just looks like trouble."

"Well, we are only friends."

"Friends with Benefits? He eyed me over, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Oh, stop, how do you even know about that?

"Mom I'm 8 almost 9, I know things."

"Well, we are nothing more then friends."

"Right." He was not believing me.

He rolled his eyes at me and stood up and walked over to the counter and jumped up on it.

I made him a grilled cheese sandwich, as the ones I made before were garbage. My phone rings. I see it's Lance. My stomach tensed and my heart raced and not in a good way.
I was nervous to answer and be yelled at and be cursed at for being this horrible irresponsible mother that can't do anything right.
I walk out of the kitchen and answer the phone.
I press my finger to my temple that was still throbbing as I bring my phone to my ear.

===Conversation===

Hayley: Hey.'

Lance: "How's Jace?

Hayley: "He's back and he's safe."

Lance: "So what the hell happened?

Hayley: "He left the house and he was picked up for shoplifting, he stole and Ipad."

Lance: "Why would he do that?

Hayley: "He said he thought if he got in trouble you would come home."

I hear that wavering in Lance's voice.

Lance: "Shit, I just can't right now."

Hayley: "Lance, tell me the truth and I am only asking once. Are you involved with another woman and don't spare my feelings."

There was a long pause. I can hear him breathing heavily he finally speaks.

Lance: "Yes."

Hayley: "So that's it you were just going to keep stringing me along like some dumb idiot?