V

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿Poison Ivy🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

I'm worried about Harley. I really am. There's been dozens of times like now when she'll come to me asking for help and when I let her stay she always goes running back to the Joker. Every. Time. I'm sick of it, but for some reason I always find myself sticking around, hoping that maybe one day she'll choose me over him.

Now I'm sitting on my couch, staring out the window hoping I'll see her knock on my door. But I know that won't happen.

I've liked Harley for years now. Like like. I realized it about a year after we met. I told cat woman about it and how before then I wasn't really sure if I was a lesbian or not, but now I'm sure I am. And I like Harleen Quinzel.

To my surprise I see Harley walk up to my door with a little blood splattered on her.

She came back! She actually came back this time!

I rush outside and immediately hug her.

"How'd it go?" I ask.

She smiles but almost sadly. "Let's just say the Joker won't be bothering us for a while. Is it okay if I stay with ya?"

I smile. "Like I said, stay as long as you want. Now let's clean that blood off of you."

I grab her hand and lead her inside where I get a wet wash cloth. I gently wipe the blood off of her as she tells me what happened.

"...And then I shot him," she continues, "Ivy, I'm just glad it's all done with. I mean, I'm sure that people will still be after me for all the crimes I've committed but I think I want to try and reinvent myself. Baby steps, of course, but slowly I'll be a better person."

We both smile and I wipe some blood off her swollen lips.

We both go silent as I slowly clean her face. She stares at me, watching my every move. I stop and look back into her sky blue eyes. Have her eyes always been this pretty?

I sigh. "Fuck it."

"Wh-" she begins to say but before she can I gently press my lips to her soft lips. She's shocked but she then melts into the kiss. I throw the cloth aside and put my hands on her cheeks, her arms wrapping around me.

We pull just long enough for me to say, "I've wanted to do this for such a long time." And then she smashes her lips back onto me, more roughly this time.

She smells strongly of lollipops and cheap perfume, and I love it. I smile and then back away again.

Her facial expression is shocked once more.

"What?!" I ask frantically.

"The kiss! Won't it poison me??"

I shake my head. "Only if I'm wearing the poisonous lipstick. Which I'm not."

She sighs thankfully. "Oh, that's good."

She rests her head on my shoulder.

"Hey, Ivy?" She asks.

"Yes, Harley?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

My heart starts beating rapidly. I squeeze her hand.

"Of course, Harley."