Chapter 31

The above dude is an inspiration for Ian Heisler. Only Ian doesn't have such a baby face. So imagine above dude but slightly older.
_____________________________

Predator mode

Essence's POV
It's been a month now. 31 days, 730 hours.

My wounds have healed, only scars have remained. The bruises have faded, but the nightmares persist. My tooth has been replaced, but the memories still haunt me. Yet here I am, walking across campus, heading from my Assassins History class towards the Art of Seduction course.

The May time sun pierced through the heavy layers of emerald leaves and cast a golden glow upon the grounds. As I walked across the academy, familiar faces smiled at me adding to the warmth of the weather.

It is currently mid May. The temperature was rising as the last of a spring breeze swept past me. I took off the blue flannel I had shrugged on this morning over the grey cropped tank top that I wore, as subtle sweat droplets formed above my brow.

Rushing into the cafeteria to get myself a cold bottle of water before class, I spotted Myles and Raven seated on one of the far tables near the window. Him leaning against the glass with legs on either sides of the bench, and her sitting in between his legs, leaning against him as he fed her cherries.

Raven had finally succumbed to her feelings after months of hardy work and dedication from her blond boyfriend.

I make my way deeper into the cafeteria, taking a spot in the short line waiting to be served. I stare past the glass at the rows of food displayed, planning what I was going to have for dinner. Caramelized Brussel sprouts or a Cesar salad?

My phone dings with a notification in the back pocket of my whitewashed jeans. I fish it out and check the screen.

Leprechaun <3
Hey little zaffiro 

You
Hey goldfish! What's up?

Leprechaun <3
Not much, just heading to the caf for my free period. Maybe I'll get a jumpstart on studying for finals. How are you holding up?

You
I'm fine Phoenix. For the hundredth time!
I'm currently at the caf, got 15 mins before my next class. Just getting some cold water, it's like a bajillion degrees today.

Seen

The line moves, and I take a step forward as I don't get a reply. I look down at the screen in my hand expectantly whilst staring at the lock screen of me on Phoenix's back smiling like a ninny.

A poke to my side drags me out of my thoughts as I squirm. I honestly hated being ticklish, once you let someone in on that secret, they'll immediately abuse it.

Loud laughing booms through the cafeteria and the tips of my ears turn red in embarrassment at the stares and attention the deep chuckles have caused.

I slap Phoenix across the chest as I swivel around to face him. The red head doesn't flinch under my touch, laughing harder instead. It's not like I intended to hurt him, I would never want to do that.

The scowl on my face had faltered, as I turn away from him, playfully rolling my eyes as I secretly loved the sound of that deep husky chuckle of his.

_ "Not funny." I scold him, as I glance around the cafeteria, my eyes landing on all the girls in the canteen, be them single or taken, who were shamelessly ogling the specimen before me.
I mean I don't blame them, but be more discreet for god's sake, y'all are assassins, it shouldn't be that hard. I guess with his single title, they thought it was completely okay to drool over him.