The End of Love

Three days passed and we didn't hear from our girls. We couldn't reach them through Maryann's phone and they hadn't contacted us too, we got worried and Abdul said he was going to town to find out what was happening. I had not been reading my books nor regular to class.  I was a little bit behind academically and needed to study extra,  i wished i could go with Abdul to find out about our girls and at least see them once again. Maybe seeing my Niqabee will give me the serenity i need in my mind to be able to understand whatever i study. 

I stayed back at school and maintained a low profile. I was always in the classes area except when i returned to sleep in the hostel. My basket brothers noticed and usually came around to talk me out of what they felt was changing me.  Little did they know that my isolation was to enable me study.  Weekend past and Abdul did not return to school.  I had no phone to contact him and the few guys with phones did not have his phone number.  It had never crossed my mind to write it elsewhere as back up since i never anticipated a day or situation like this.  I got worried mostly because that was our last week before exams and i knew he wasn't up to date academically as well.  I felt the urge to go to down but apart from the studies i was broke.  If i risked going to town with the money i had left,  i will not have my return fare and i wasn't really sure of what i may meet in town.  I decided to hold on till wednesday when some money will be sent to me from home. 

Later in the evening of that sunday,  my Aunt who lived in Sokoto visited me.  Though it didn't come as a surprise since she always visited at any given time,  i was just grateful her visit was timely.  She expressed much happiness as she didn't only meet me in school she met me in classes area with books.  She was so happy and couldn't hide her joy.  She encouraged me to take my academics seriously and avoid bad friends. She brought me food,  provisions and gave me money.  As i walked into the hostel with those items i became a celebrity.  Food from home? This was a period we call "life-curve" when virtually everyone is dry of provisions and either broke or almost broke. I had barely taken 4 spoons from the food when it finished,  guys were hungry and i had to share.  It was one thing we had to make our food available for each other.  I wasn't really pained cos we were all in the hunger together. I safeguarded my provisions and went back to the classes area to continue my reading.  But now i have money, why shouldn't i go check on Abdul and the girls?  My thought became clouded and i could no longer concentrate.  I left classes area around 6:30pm to say my prayer and go to the hostel. Night prep will start by 8pm so the hostel was my next reading area. 

As i was approaching the hostel area i noticed a car leaving. It was tinted so i didn't see the people inside.  When i got close i saw the license plate SGR- Shagari.  This was Abdul's Local Government and i was wondering if by chance he was given his own car.  The driver suddenly stopped and reversed towards me.  They dropped the glass and i saw my guys in town.  Abdul's friends that eventually became my friends. They had come to visit me.  I was happy to see them,  we spoke for some time and i asked after Abdul.  They all went silent like i said something bad.  Aminu who was the one i knew most said they thought i knew.  I asked "about what?" and they were looking at each other deciding who to tell me whatever it was.  I just hoped it wasn't as bad as i was thinking because i wouldn't know how they will explain their ability to catch cruise while something terrible had happened to my friend. I asked them again what happened and they said the only thing they can tell me is that he was hospitalized since Saturday evening but is recovering fine. I then asked them if they could drop me at the hospital were he was on admission and they agreed to help.
I didn't care to ask which hospital since we will eventually get there. When i saw the hospital i was scared. It was the University Teaching Hospital! Was it that serious? I asked, and they said he hadn't said anything that they know though his relatives only said he collapsed.
As we got to the floor on the wing he was admitted, we met his younger ones holding stuff and they said Abdul has been discharged. We went inside and it was true. He looked terrible. I helped him up and we walked down to the parking lot. He kept telling me we are in a deep shit. I browsed through all our commitments that i could remember and couldn't find anyone that could translate to trouble.  I adviced myself to be calm and wait till we reach home then i will get the gist.

I woke up and realised we have missed Subhi prayer, the only thing i could remember was our coming into the room and meeting his brother fast asleep. I turned and saw Abdul operating his phone, he was awake. "Did you catch any sleep man?" He said how could he? If he knew he would return to this feeling he would have just stayed back at the hospital. I quickly recalled that we were yet to gist about what happened. He looked at me and said "i will never take a girl's goodbye for joke again". What girl? What are you saying? I became more interested. He replied "Maryam... She's gone, Your girl too. They left town".

Ok? So what happened?
Where did they go?
When are they coming back?
My questions were still rushing when he cut in.
"That's the problem... Certainty my Man. They have left town and are never coming back and they moved to as far as Niger State, Minna!"

For once i felt, that hit home. Minna is my state capital but i've never been there. But then why will they just move? He told me when he returned he saw them both and thy told him their dad got a new job at Niger State, that he had aleady moved some of their stuff and they were leaving Saturday morning. Saturday morning came and they didn't seem to be moving so he thought they were bluffing. In the evening hours they sent for him that they were leaving and he snubbed the message. When he finally came out, their car was already at the Junction. That he ran as fast as he could never imagine but couldn't catch up with them. It was when he stopped that he felt his blood was flowing in wrong directions, he tried going back home only to wake up in a hospital.

I was so pained that i felt numb. I couldn't scream, i couldn't cry, i couldn't laugh... I was just there, sooo pathetic. Then he asked me about my Islamic School back at Kaduna. I couldn't believe my ears. Yes he was my friend but we have never ever discussed my JSS days in detail not to talk of my Primary school days when i attended that Islamiyya. "When did we talk about that? How did you know that School and What about it???" I asked.

"Man i don't know how to put it, but your suspense means its true"...

I got angry and told him to stop the parables. He said Maryam told him that her Mum said she knew me, she saw our pics from "4" and pointed at me that my name is Muhammad Fahad, she taught me Fiqhu (Islamic Jurisprudence) in Kaduna and i should be in SS3 now, i used to be her student.

Mallama Maimuna!
Ameena, My Niqabee!!
Is my Niqabee Mallama's daughter!!!

Oh My Life... And just like her Mother,  she vanished into thin Air too. Is this how all of these will end? If i let it be, then certainly this is where it all ends; The End of Love!

I pray and hope life becomes fair to me and allow me reconnect with them!

It's been a long write, thank you for reaching this point with me. Watch out for my next books!

Thank you and much Love!!!