chapter 11

The animals that roamed around were not like any we have ever seen. There was one creature that looked like a giant featherless turkey with a lion's mane. Another creature had a fuzzy body with a scaly face, long skinny legs and two small front legs. It had wings but it seemed too fat. There were odd fish in a pond below with unnatural purple and yellow colors with four round orbs attached to their heads. There was an animal which was a mix of a dragon and elephant. It had strong broad wings that could lift it up, a long trunk like nose and small and stubby legs but instead of ears of an elephant it had large pointy horns, A long tail wrapped around what seemed to be a baby.

"Holy flippin cow!" This was all Karen was able to spit out.

"Do you think the pictures in the hallway have to do with these animals?"

"I-" Karen was still speechless.

"I'll take that as a yes then," I start to head towards the edge of the pond, "The wall message said there was a hint somewhere here as to what we need to do in the animal tile hallway. I'm not sure if the hint was actually seeing these animals or what but I think there may be something more here," I pondered.

"Okay let's look around," Karen responded, walking toward. I looked into the pond with the fish and I didn't see anything unusual. I turned and walked over to some rocks, trying to move them so I could see if there was anything under them, there wasn't.

"Why is this so hard?" I sighed to myself.

"I found something!" Karen said. "It's some type of journal with pictures of the animals. Oh! At the end there's pictures of the animal tile hallway! There also seems to be some type of writing but it definitely isn't English... Or really any language I've ever seen." I walked over to Karen and peered down at the book she was holding.

"This is very odd, I wonder what it's talking about." I took the book from Karen and started to look through it. I came upon a page that had Dart. "Look this page is in English, it says," I began to read the page out loud, "this fascinating creature is very rare and almost impossible to find. It is very hard to tame but when it finds someone it likes it will never leave its side."

"Wait so Dart likes me and chose me!" Karen exclaimed with glee.

"I don't know why there isn't a feature about you worth liking."
"Evander!" Karen had a slightly offended face on.

"I'm kidding!" I say laughing then Karen pushes me over. "Oh it's on, you little rascal!"

"Ahh no!" Karen gets up and starts to run away, I follow. Karen laughs until she falls on her face.

"Karen are you alright!?!" I yelled, I ran up to her and helped her up, "shoot your nose is bleeding."

"Oh it is?" Karen says with a slight lisp, "well do we have any tissues?"

"Yes I do!" I replied as I dug my hand into my pocket looking for the tissues.

"Wait really? Since when do you have tissues?"

"Well I like to be prepared!" I gave Karen the tissues she placed them to her nose. We sat there for a while until the nose bleed stopped.

"What do I do with these now?" Karen asked, holding up the bloodied tissues.

"I don't know, just put them in your pocket or something." Karen shoved the tissues into her pocket. "Now about the journal, why do you think the page about Dart is in English?" Karen continued.

"Well he's the only one we've actually been around. It can't be because we've seen him because we've seen all of the creatures and the other pages aren't in English. Maybe it's because we've touched Dart or something like that?"