chapter 19

"What do we do now?" Karen asked me. It had been a few hours since the fight with Isolde and Karen and I sat in the ship talking. "Can we go back to the town that you destroyed? Do they know it was you? What about the aliens, are you still their leader?"

"I don't know," I responded. "I think the commander knew about my full power, I'm not sure how because I didn't even know. But that's the only way I could think of the aliens knowing. If that's the case then everyone knows I attacked them and I'm not sure if they'd be willing to hear my side of the story. As for the aliens, I think I'm still their leader. You killed the three guards that came with us, right?" I asked. Karen nodded. "Then if we go back I should be able to continue being their king."

"Of course you're still thinking about being king," Karen said under her breath.

"You know, if I'm the king then I need a queen," I said smiling at Karen. Her eyes grew wide.

"But do you think they would even want me to be the queen, what if-"

"The ruvataur needs someone as funny and nice as you as a leader. I think you could really help them," Karen looked at me for a second and then jumped at me embracing me in a hug.

"I'll be queen."

"Let's go back to Doxetis then," I said, starting the ship. In a few minutes we were leaving Covanity.

We were back on Doxetis and heading into the caves. We were walking through the town back to the castle when two ruvataur came up to us. They were very large and I assumed they were guards from the castle.

"King Evander," they greeted me. "How was your trip, and where is Queen Isolde?" Karen looked at me apprehensively.

"The trip did not go as planned," I said, acting sorrowfully. "There was an accident and Karen and I were the only ones who made it back. Queen Isolde and the other guards died as heros," I lied.

"This is awful!" One alien exclaimed.

"We just got a king and queen for the first time in years and now we're back to just having a king," the other sighed.

"Actually, I've chosen a queen already," I said looking at Karen. "Karen will be the new Queen." The ruvataur glanced at each other before bowing.

"Welcome Queen Karen."

Once we got back to the castle Karen and I went to our room. We were informed that they would fix up Queen Isolde's room to be our new room but for the time being we would have to stay in my previous room. Once the other aliens had left Karen and I started speaking again.

"I was thinking," I started, "Since we're queen and king we can stop the war between humans and ruvataur. It might take some time, but I think we could also save all the people on Earth. The ruvataur are so advanced that if we used their ship design then we could send enough ships to start bringing people to Doxetis or Covanity. Once the ruvataur are friends with the humans we'll have two planets! Then we could-"

"Hey, Evander?" Karen interrupted me.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."