chapter 13

I glanced over at the alien. On its head sat a very large crown, it looked like it was made out of the bones that bavaharr wore as armor.

"Hello Evander," its voice was soft but raspy, "I am queen Isolde," I stared at the queen in disbelief. She was twice the size of the alien that I had killed. Standing she would be three times my height and she had claws that were a foot long. When she talked I could see her sharp teeth that could rip someone in half. Yet she spoke calmly and acted as if she was just another normal person. "I've been wanting to talk to you."

"What about?" I asked, trying to keep my voice steady. My legs were shaking uncontrollably. Why would the space station not tell us that there was another life form, its totally stupid.

"We want you to prove to us that you are worth sparing, we want you to be King,"

"I uh, what? That doesn't even make sense, why would you want a random human to be your king?"

"Because you are very special. Your power, it may not seem extraordinary but it is, at least to us. You are a monster just like we are, or at least you could be. We can train you to use your power and you can help us. You can lead us, along with me of course. But we need you to do one thing first." I stood in shock. I fell to my knees thinking back on my whole life. I wanted to feel included now. I wanted to be special.

"What do I have to do?"

"Kill Karen. She is not strong like you are, she's not useful, she'll just get in our way."

"No no no no! I-I can't do that. She has saved my life on this planet. I'm not going to kill her." Queen Isolde's face changed from a pleasant smile to a viscous frown.

"That is really too bad," her voice had a darkness to it, it scared me. "If you don't kill her I suppose we always could. I thought it would be a good way to test your strength but I guess you're not strong enough to be useful after all. That is quite a pity."

"Wait," I said watching the ground. I wanted to be accepted. I would not kill Karen but I could do something else. "I will not kill her but I will fight her," I looked up to the Queen who wore a large grin.

"Perfect. That is a good Evander, now I think it's time to prepare you for the fight. Guards!" Queen Isolde called, four aliens walked into the room.

"Yes, our Queen," They said, bowing to her.

"I want you to take Evander and Karen to the arena. Do not let them speak to each other but warn Karen of what is going to happen. I want a good fight to watch. Oh also Evander, I just realized that no one gave you a proper welcome to our lovely planet. I'd like to personally welcome you to the planet Doxetis. We are currently in Xerthia, our town. We are known as the ruvatar, an alien race to you humans. I hope you enjoy it here."