Chapter 1

"It was fifteen years ago Dem. He needs to know and what better way to tell him then take this job." My manager Taylor says a I sigh 

"Yes but Alexis doesn't even know. She's fifteen, I'm thirty-six.  Simon and I got together when I was eighteen on the X Factor and got married when I was twenty. Then the X Factor was cancelled when I was twenty one. I got pregnant at Twenty-One and then he left. Right after the X Factor was cancelled." I reply crossing my arms and sitting on our white L shaped couch.

"Yes and you haven't worked in ten. I think it would be good. Hey Lex could study abroad in England for a year. I know her school loves that." Taylor pushes.

"Fine I'll take the job. Who called for me?" I ask

"Um Cheryl Cole." She states as I nod and my fifteen year old comes home.

"Hi Alex. How was school?" I ask her

"I wish I could just take the year off next year,  it's so stressful being a freshman." She replies coming and sitting next to me laying her head on my shoulder.

"Maybe you can." I reply

"What?" She asks jolting up

"Yea. I got offered a job for a year in Britain. You could go to school there." I state

"Can we mom please?" She asks

"Yea, start packing we leave in about a week, I have to contact your school." I say hugging her. 

"Um Mom." She says taking a drink from her water bottle.

"What baby?" I ask

"Can you talk to me about my dad?" She asks

"Sure. He's British, you'll meet him when you meet the people I am going to be working with. Your father is a hard working strict man. He's a bit of an asshole. You two will clash because you are so much like me and your father and I clashed a lot. He decided that he wanted to go back and run his company in London. He didn't even let me tell him I was pregnant. We are still legally married." I explain playing with her black hair.

"Oh, he sounds like Simon Cowell. From that UK show the X Factor that airs on channel 100." She explains as I nod

"Yea. He is. I worked with him on the American X Factor. That is why we are going to Britain. To celebrate the twentieth x factor anniversary." I explain

"My dad is Simon Cowell?" She asks as I nod

"It makes sense now." She states

"What?" I ask

"Why my last name is Cowell." We all Laugh at that. 

"So are you ready to meet your daddy?" I ask as she nods and lays her head on my shoulder.