15

"I thought your place would be nicer," was what he said when he lightly dusted the table, which resulted him with a cough,

"And I thought we agreed that you wouldn't say anything to tick me off."

"Oh no, don't get me wrong: I'm in no way, shape, or form even trying to offend,"

At this point, she thought, it's almost like you're begging me to put your life to an end!

"I just thought you'd be the type of person that would live off of their parents' money,"

"My parents don't have any money," she stated blankly, "is this your way of being funny?"

She then realized that, thus far, she hadn't been acting her best,

"I'm" she rolled her eyes, "sorry - it's just my first time having over a guest."

While he was in her bathroom, she already planned how, for their next rendezvous, she would make him late,

but she did not want to rush into anything yet - maybe the trick was to first gain his trust and treat him like a real date.

"It's alright," he replied, "It's just that I realized I know nothing about you: what's your name, how old are you - do you celebrate Christmas?"

"You know nothing about me because my personal life is not any of your business."

Though she was glad, she was also shocked that he still did not know her name or age,

but she realized that she did not know these things about him either - at least they were on the same page?

Still, how could she not know even the most basic information about him?

She recalled that the first time she had asked him out was in a bar whose lights were very dim,

Did we tell each other our names back then? ...... I can't remember - the whole night passed by in a flicker,

And I never found the time to ask for his name again - in our dates, all we do is bicker!

"My name is Adam," he interrupted her thoughts, "and if you tell me yours, we could turn this whole questioning thing into a game."

"Adam," she swiftly ignored his proposal, "what a dull and common name."

Yet again, her attitude slipped, and she realized that she had to treat him like someone she genuinely likes

for her next plan to work, because she had already lost three times, and her record could not afford to have four strikes!

Her poor ego could only take so much, and so, as she eyed the bottle of brandy,

she chugged the whole thing, giving her enough courage to whisper:

"My name is Tanvi."