35

"-And coming in time for the other dates was no problem, because to be honest, the little stunts you pulled to make me late were not so great." he was now circling her seated body, "I mean, throwing rocks at my car window and organizing a rally? Are you shitting me? How you thought that would work is beyond me."

She moved her hands slowly, hoping her movements were slow enough to be deemed discrete.

"-And I knew all I had to do was put you in a really stressful situation, and what's more stressful than a wedding proposal!" He smiled, "I don't know why, but I just had a feeling that a proposal would get you talking. I mean, you should have seen your face," he laughed.

Her hand inched closer and closer to the pocket of her coat. Just a little closer, she thought, a little closer and your mission will finally be complete.

"And, I'm not supposed to even be saying any of this, but here it goes," his chest rose as he took a long, deep breath, then: "You're fucking dumb!" He groaned, "I mean, come on! Who kills people in public, and doesn't even so much as wear a wig? Or a mask! Security cameras and witnesses are a thing!"

She grabbed a hold of something and - Shit! Wrong pocket! Okay, onto the other pocket and repeat!

"Honestly, at this point, I feel like I'm doing you a favor by turning you in. If it weren't me, it would have been someone else anyways-"

And everything that happened next happened within a heart beat.

She pulled a gun,

Then another one,

Then she rose from her seat.

She took her aim,

The bullet hit a picture frame,

But she did not yet retreat.

For she aimed at her target once more,

But the bastard ran out the door,

And as she tackled him to the floor,

Two guns aimed at her;

One at her head,

And one at her core.