20.

Dominic
4 months later
7am

"Yo, Dom. What's up?" Piro asked with money in his hand before we did the quick exchange we'd become used to.

After taking his money, I made my way back to the spot. I'd been out on the corner since 5am, hustling.

Really just tryna make this money and focus on all of the shit I had planned for myself.

"Yo, bro." I heard Dej calling me from up the block.

"Yo." I answered, picking up my pace, just tryna she what she wanted.

"You still going?" She asked as I walked up to her and I stopped in my tracks, pulling out my phone.

"Yeah." I told her, seeing that I had a few messages from Tiana.

"Aight, coo. Let me know when you ready to ride out and shit. I'm about to go see what's up with this bitch." She spat, referring to this girl she was supposedly cuffing.

"Aight, coo." I nodded, jogging up the staircase, making my way back into the spot.

Plopping down onto the couch, I started counting money before my phone buzzed again with a message from T. I ignored it though, tryna finish what I was doing before I looked to see what she wanted.

See, T and I were still done but we'd both came to terms with it. I wasn't looking to be in a relationship with her and I knew she still wanted to be with me but I made it clear to her that I was cool on that. So now we only spoke on cordial terms.

Today things were different though because today was her graduation and we'd been texting all night about it but the one question she never asked me was are you coming. She'd been beating around the bush all night about it and I knew she was scared to ask me but honestly, there was really no question.

Of course I was pulling up to her graduation, boyfriend or not.

As I finished up with my money, I slid it all into my pocket. I then pulled out my phone reading the messages from T. She was simply telling me that she was nervous to go across the stage, she hoped her hair looked nice enough for pictures and she hoped that she wasn't too afraid to go up considering the fact that she wouldn't know too many people in the crowd.

I couldn't do shit but laugh as I read her messages, I knew she wanted me to be there bad. So I was making it my business to be.

*
10am

"Nigga, I don't even know why I let you talk me into this shit. I don't like dressing up and I definitely don't like this little hoe."

"Man, shut up." I couldn't help but to laugh at her.

"I'm serious. I don't even know why you still like her ass." She continued to talk shit as we made our way into the school's main entrance.

"Look, I don't. I'm just coming to congratulate her."

"Relax." I told her, making her scoff.

"Are you here for the graduation?" The greeter spoke as we walked in.

Damn, she fine. I thought as we both looked her up and down.

"Yeah, ma." I spoke up, waiting for her to give me directions.

"Alright, so it's going to be straight down the hall to your left." She spoke, blushing hard as I kept my eyes on hers the entire time.

"Aight, thanks. Come on, lover boy." Dej ended up pulling me away as I smirked, watching as the lady waved to me while we made our way.