42.

Tiana
1 month later

Standing in the mirror, I looked down at my stomach, stretching it out as far as I could. I was simply practicing for my near future. Things were definitely changing for me.

"There's nothing there yet." My mother joked, making me smile small as I turned around to see her standing the doorway of my soon to be old room.

"How do you feel?" She asked and I shrugged, slanting my lips.

"I can't believe I'm really pregnant this time." I went onto say, realizing that this was now real.

I'd just came back from the hospital to get my stitches removed and they ended up doing another blood test, turns out I was a couple of weeks pregnant. And though I knew something was going on with my body, I definitely wasn't expecting it to be this.

"Well when's the last time you had sexual intercourse?" She went onto ask and I felt it was a little too personal but I knew she was only trying to get information, just like I was.

"Well.." I trailed off, sitting down at the edge of my bed, trying to remember.

"The last time was the night I got shot." I admitted, making her raise her eyebrows as she took a seat next to me.

"Did the two of you use protection?" She asked and I thought long and hard, remembering Dominic pulled out a condom but never actually seeing him put it on. We were both too in the moment.

"No." I shook my head, knowing that was the exact reason for this.

"Well there you have it." She smiled small, grabbing my hand.

"Now you have to tell Dominic."

"Do you think the two of you are ready?" She asked and I smiled, looking down.

"Well I'm not really sure anymore." I admitted, considering Dom had changed over the course of this entire month. I'd thought his passive behavior would come to an end after a day or two but it'd seemed to become permanent.

He was going out alot with his friends and Deja, I didn't see him as much as I used to and we only talked sometimes. We were still in a relationship but it really didn't feel like one anymore.

He was an entire different person to me now.

"Why, whats wrong?" My mother went onto ask and I simply shook my head, followed by a sigh.

"Nothing. Just something with us right now, we'll get over it." I waved her off and she simply nodded, not getting into our business too much.

"Alright." She nodded, standing to her feet.

"I'll give you you're space, I know you can't wait to run and tell him." She smiled small as I half smiled, looking down at my hands.

"Let me know how it goes." She went on, before leaving out of my room completely.

Sitting there, I began to pick my brain for how I was going to actually explain to him that I was pregnant. I knew it all started with simply calling but I was nervous to. He rarely answered my calls these days and I wasn't in the mood to be hurt. Especially with these obvious new hormones.

Sighing deeply, I reached over toward the top of my bed and grabbed my phone. I unlocked it and began to scroll to Dominic's contact before my phone buzzed with a message from him.

Excitedly, I opened the message, just happy that I was even on his mind these days. But my happiness was quickly snatched away from me once I read what the message said.