43.

Tiana
Next morning

"Hey." I spoke to Deja and she waved.

"Hey, T. What's wrong?" She furrowed her eyebrows, seeing the sad look on my face.

"Nothing. I'm just going through some stuff." I waved her off.

"Is Dominic here?" I asked and she nodded, walking into the house while I closely followed after her.

"Yo, Dom." She called.

"What?" I heard his raspy voice answer, making me instantly become sadder.

"T here, nigga." Was all she said as she jogged up the stairs and I made my way through the living room.

While I did, I looked around, seeing a random girl knocked out on the couch, opened condom wrappers and bottles of alcohol everywhere.

"What's up, T?" Dominic spoke to me as I walked into the dining room.

"Hey." I spoke softly, trying to keep my tone in check. I needed this to go good, I didn't want to argue with him and make things worse.

But I can't say I wasn't feeling a way with this random girl just on the couch with open condom wrappers beside her.

"I thought you said you was comin' later, ma." He went onto say as I watched him, breaking apart his gun to clean it.

"Well yeah I was but I couldn't get what you texted me off of my mind. I needed to know why you feel this way." I expressed, looking down.

After he'd text me that he wanted to break up, we ended up FaceTiming and deciding that we'd talk about it in person. I'd told him I would come over here later but I couldn't wait.

"Aight."

"Come on, we gon' go upstairs." He said finishing up what he was doing before he stood to his feet.

When he did, we made our way out of the dining room and back toward the living room. I watched as the girl on the couch moved a little bit but she didn't wake up. She was simply stirring in her sleep.

Saying nothing, we made our upstairs and into his room.

"Gon' head, ma." He said allowing me to walk in first and he came in after.

"Who was that on the couch?" I couldn't hold my tongue any longer as he closed the door behind us.

"Huh?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"The girl, Dominic."

"On the couch." I rolled my eyes at him pretending not to know what I was talking about.

"Oh, that's some little bitch Leek was fuckin' on last night." He shrugged.

"She bout' to get out as soon as we get done talkin'." He went onto say as I slowly sat down onto the bed.

"Welp. Looks like you've been having fun." I mumbled, considering all of the bottles downstairs and the many condom wrappers I saw.

"I'm sure Leek didn't need all those condoms for just one person." I shrugged, feeling myself becoming emotional because I wasn't stupid.

He knew I wasn't stupid.

"It ain't even like that, T." He chuckled while I sat there with a straight face.

"I don't find anything funny." I said to him, making him furrow his eyebrows.

"Whatchu got an attitude for?" He asked nonchalantly, continuing to play the role he's been playing for a month now.