The Story of How You Met Alec

I have an ironic sense of humor, so ur a Branwell.

Rogue wolves. Disgusting things, eating people. It's as if they've forgotten that they used to be human themselves. Makes no sense. One of my men got turned on my last mission, and that really hurt my rep as someone who never loses. But I don't think it was my fault. This isn't my turf. I'm from Texas. I somehow ended up in New York. 

So I decided that the best response to this situation would be to include the people who actually lived here. The Lightwoods. Apparently their rep for missions is as good as mine, so here I am now, looking up at the New York Institute. I open up the door and a pretty redhead runs up to me. Clary Fairchild.

"Are you Y/n Branwell?" She had a serious attitude that somehow also seemed childlike. I had no idea what to make of that. 

"Um, yeah. Who's the head?" She glanced around, seeming to see if she could see them.

She pointed at one of the Lightwoods. "Him," she said. "Alec."

I thought he looked a bit young to be a head of an Institute, but from what I've heard about the Shadow World in New York, they die younger than usual here, because trouble seems to find this group. 

I smile at Clary. "Thanks."

I walked over to him, and as I got closer, he got more attractive. He was gorgeous, and he didn't seem like he knew it, unlike his arrogant parabatai. But this was a professional meeting, and I was not going to flirt with this guy. I would most likely do that later, but not right now.

I tapped his shoulder. He turned around and widened his eyes. I was assuming that he just wasn't expecting company. He smiled at me, and it was a big goofy smile that made him even more attractive.

"Hi, I'm Y/n Branwell." 

His eyes were still watching me, and I was starting to think maybe he thought I was attractive too.

"Hi," he said.

How about that? Night's still young, may do another update. After this, we head into the Infernal Devices boys, starting with Jem, the cutie.

XOXO

Tina