~🍋Forest of Love🍋~

A.N. Play above for *a long time* of tranquil and peaceful music as you read! :3

The party went on for a couple more hours after the little incident. Though of course, there were no more fights.

Even though Ban, who was incredibly drunk, was bugging the Captain the entire night, asking him to spar. "C'mon Captain~♪ Just one fighttt~" He chuckled. Meliodas denied the plead. "Ban, you really have to stop drinking so much." Elaine pouted, placing both hands on her hips before she dragged the Fox Sin away.

King, overhearing the conversation going on, made him chuckle. Even after all these years Ban still hadn't mastered the art of moderation. Ale in hand, he took another sip as he looked over at Diane. Elizabeth, Merlin, and Diane were all talking in a group about...He didn't know. But he quickly found out.

"So, Merlin, do you have anyone you loveee?" Diane giggled playfully, though seemingly getting on the mage's nerves. "You know very well Diane, that I have no interest in such things." Merlin stated in her matter of factly tone after taking a sip from her drink. "Being in a relationship wastes time that I could be spending on experimenting and learning new things." Elizabeth giggled rather unsurely, while Diane had a confused look on her face. "W-Well, Lady Merlin..Love is really a beautiful thing, and I wouldn't exactly call it a waste of time." Diane nodded in agreement with the princess. "Yeah! There has to be someone you like!"

Merlin stared at the two and the intoxicated fairy floating on his sacred treasure for a moment before taking another long sip from her ale. "No one."

"Not even Escanor?" King asked, his voice slurring, clearly getting more drunk than he had wanted to.

Merlin abruptly got up from her seat, "I'll be back, I need to get a refill." Though what no one noticed about the mage when she got up, was that a light pink tint had appeared on her face at the mention of the Lion Sin. She maintained her composure and walked over to where Ban, Meliodas and Escanor were talking to get a refill.

"Aw what a shame. I wanted to know the answer." Diane complained, now pouting as well. "C'mon Diane, it's ok." King smiled sweetly before kissing the giantess on the cheek. Diane blushed and giggled happily at his action.

~

Howzer and Gilthunder went home ealier than everyone else, as Griamore followed. Jericho and Arthur had left about 30 minutes after the trio had, leaving just the Seven Deadly Sins and Elaine in the tavern. However, Elaine had passed out right next to the already asleep Ban.

~

Meliodas and Escanor were still talking by the bar, the both of them still drinking. While Elizabeth had decided to get some rest for the night, not wanting to stay up much longer. Merlin had gone back to her lab with Gowther not long after.

Diane was, somehow, still wide awake, while King had was mostly awake. The Fairy King did feel a bit sleepy, but he wasn't so tired that he would pass out, even though it's late in the evening now (or too early in the morning?). King phased out, pushing his drink aside, and stared at the tavern wall where all the wanted posters were. He found it strange that the Captain still had them, even though they already saved the realm and were proclaimed heroes.

"Hey, King?" Diane asked, knocking him out of his own thoughts, which caused him to jump from surprise. "W-What's up Diane?" King asked sheepishly, his blush from the alcohol still in sight. Part of it was from his embarrassment. Yet, Diane found it cute how, even though they were dating and even did it, he still got flustered around her. King couldn't be blamed, he really did just love the giantess a ton. "How about we go for a walk? Get some fresh air?" She suggested with a smile, before pecking him on the cheek sweetly. King nodded along with the idea and followed her out the door, no one else in the tavern questioning where they were going.