IX

Narrator

Demeter stood up fast. She felt it 400 years ago. The feeling of something familiar. She felt like someone had experienced her pain. Her grief and thousand times fold and here it was again but this time it felt faint like it was dying. A tear escaped her eye.

She was beyond confused and she looked as the tears touched the soil under her toes and flower immediately started to bloom.

Lavender. She covered her mouth. She knew what was happening and she knew she had to see Poseidon immediately.

______________________

Algea was sitting on her throne and she felt it the immense power that flows through her. "Woah." She got up and went to go get help but she immediately fell the pain was eating at her brain as her head kept repeating one word over and over again.

She cried out. "POSEIDON!"
_________________________

2 months later

It was the ceremony were Perseus would be awarded for his brave actions.

Poseidon was chirper when his son came back with the head of that witch but when he asked for it Perseus refused to give him the head. Which angered him but he felt he was just proud and wanted to hold it for awhile so he decided after the ceremony he would take it and hang it.

The  ceremony was fancy and consisted of manny Gods and Goddesses but when Poseidon called Perseus up for his medal and new sword he was quite off and flinched when his father put the medal on his neck.

They carried on at the party Perseus avoided his father and Uncle, Zeus, at all cost.

In the midst of his escapes he landed a conversation with Algea and Apollo but more Apollo. Algebra kept looking at him with blank eyes and tight lips. She was waiting. For what? He had no idea.

"Have you seen Hades wife though? Very beautiful girl." He says sipping his wine. He beams when he sees something from across the room. "I'll be right back." Apollo left leaving Algea and Perseus to themselves.

Perseus was going to bluntly leave when Alger grabbed his arm. "Give him the head." His eyes widen. "What?"

"Don't what me boy." She said with aggression. "When this is all over you give Poseidon that head." He tsk.

"You don't know what you're talking about." He turned his head but she grabs him and bring him to a place out of sight and she grabs his face with a aggression. "For the last 2 months I have a had the worst headache in years and I'm the goddess of suffering." She hold his face tighter. "And the only way to cure it is if you give Poseidon that damn head." She says

"You don't under-"

"I understand!" Algea exclaims. "Now if I find out you still haven't given him that head. You will die." She lets him go and walk right out the ball room.

Perseus rubs his chin and vows that he will never get in the mix of Greek female monsters  and goddess. "Crazy."

______________________

Poseidon was watching the servants clean up the puke and broken table. The party got really out of hand and his wife was not having it. "Poseidon I swear to HERA if you don't end this right now I'll step on your neck." She said

Poseidon loved her but she was such a nag sometimes but his eyes light up when he sees Perseus.

"My boy!" He jogs to him. "How are-"

"No need to talk father." Perseus steps back a bit. "I gave the head to your wife."

Poseidon beamed. "What changed your heart." He asked with curiosity

A trait that all his children gained from him was stubbornness and anytime he needed something from them it would take days to convince them.

Perseus kisses his teeth. "Not a change of heart but a change in mind." He walks away wanting to be away from him.

Perseus declared all the air around his father as fire.

Poseidon shakes his head. "Boy kills one monster and now he's all in his head."

Poseidon looks to his castle and grins inside awaits his life long victory.

I hope y'all didn't think it was over just yet😭