Chapter12

Rose pov

"Is she dead?"someone said

"I don't know man!" Another voice said

"Aye!!! Y'all heard about Bernie? Man that nigga woke up dead!" Another voice said. Everyone smacked they lips.

"Nigga!! How the fuck you WAKE up DEAD!!!" Another voice said.

"IDK do I look dead to you?!" They exclaimed.

"Well you do look pa-"someone said but got cut off.

"Fuck up!!!!" They yelled. I started moving and open my eyes. I guess they saw me cause they got scared. I giggled.

"Did I scare y'all?" I asked sitting up taking in my surroundings. Where am I?

"Scare us? Never that, nah" a voice said. They sounded young.

"Uhmm who exactly are you guys?" I said raising my eyebrow.

"Oh I'm russel, that's Carlo, David, and Jamie well he somewhere but yea. We found you sleep walking when we were shooting hoops. You know, you shouldn't be doing those type of things, especially at night ma." Russell said. I nodded and looked for my phone.

"Where's my phone?" I asked looking for it.

"You ain't bring it ma. Its probably at ya house ." David said on his phone laughing. "that bitch crazy!" He said. I raised my eyebrow and he looked at me. "oh not you ma, this chick on ig. She crazy, she crazy! In the name of Jesus I rebute ha soul, hallelujah!! Ashabada!!!" He said like he done caught the Holy Ghost. I was dieing laughing.

"Yo what time is it" I said after I caught my breath.

"6pm" Carlos said playing Grand theft auto.

"6pm? What's today?" I said confused.

"23 of June why?" I'm guessing Jamie said as he came in with a sandwich.

"I've been here for two days?! My brothers are gonna kill me!" I said heading towards the door. I stopped and looked back at them.

"The names rose " I said and ran out the door. Can't wait to hear the yelling!! I got to the house but I didn't see any card outside. Ikay? I walked in to the house and it was silent, to silent.

"Guys! Where are you?! I'm home!" I yelled walking around the house. Nothing.

"Where are they" I mumbled. I walked up stairs and checked all the rooms but the just weren't here.

"These niggas done left my ass." I semi-yelled looking around. I Sighed and plopped down on the couch.

"I'll wait then" I said turning on the tv to the fosters. Jesus so cute!!! An hour later I heard the front door being opened, at that time I was on my way downstairs but stopped to listen to their conversation.

"Man it's been two fucking days and we still haven't seen her. What if dad took her again." trey asked. Again?

"Mann, I would go crazy, plus he outta jail too." Mack said. Wait jail, they told me he died in a car accident?

"And it just angers me what he did to her. Physically, mentally, emotionally, and sexually ." josh says angrily. What the hell does he mean by sexually?!

"What you mean sexually?" I heard Darren ask calmly. Josh took a deep breath.

"Our dad was going through alot of shit back then. He would drunk shit and smoke every chance he gets. One night he came home higher then ever. Just throwing shit around and yelling and cussing at any and everything. My mom came down stairs with us trailing behind her wondering what the hell was going on. We were all scared but kamryn was the most scared. I remember her walking up to him slowly just calling his name, asking him what's wrong. My dad always told us
Never to put our hands on a female. No matter what your going through or how old, young, big or small that female was, never raise your hand at one. He promised us that he would never do that, but he broke our promise. As soon as kam got close enough to him he just snapped. It was a side of him that we've never seen before and we really didn't like it. He grabbed kam by her hair and threw her to the wall. You could see the blood oozing out of her head. It happen so fast. It was crazy. After that my mom just went ham. She grabbed a lamp near by and threw it at his head. By that time Devon was calling the police and Deion,christian,mack, and me were just standing their in shock at what was happening. The others where attending to kam. Just when the police busted in my dad shot my mom three times. Once in the arm,chest,and her head. Police after police after police came in to get him cause he tried to kill himself. We were then sent to live with our granny in Florida. At the hospital that day, we knew our mom didn't make it. Kamryn had to go into surgery for 4hours cause her head got busted open. When we went to check on her, they doctors had told us that she had been raped alot. Because he threw her against the wall, she lost memory. Memory of our mom, our dad, and that day. We decided to lie and say that our mom died by cancer and our dad died in a car accident. We only lied to protect her." josh finished It was then quiet. I hadn't noticed that I was almost down the stairs and they were all looking at me. Almost all the crew was here. They looked at me with sorrow yet angry eyes. I seen those boys that had helped me in there too. They looked very familiar. Like family familiar.

"Why didn't...." I couldn't even get it out cause I broke down crying. Mack came over and picked me up bridal style and walked over to the couch with me in his lap. He was crying too.

"I'm so sorry babygirl. I'm sooooo sorry." he said rocking me back and forth as I continued to cried.

"You know I love you. You know we love you. You know that the crew loves you. If you think that nobody cares about you I want you to know that I care about you. Okay? That's never going to change. Yes, dad is out of jail but he isn't coming ANYWHERE near you. Yes, we lied to you but it was for your safety. We love you babygirl." he said as everyone came around and hugged me. We then said a silent prayer and all went to sleep in my room. I told them that I wanted all of them in their for protection. I kissed every last one of their checks and went to sleep.