chapter one

we've been here for a few weeks now and i've enjoyed it so much. tonight i'm going to something called a kegger? it's on the beach and a bunch of people are gonna be there.

since i've been here, i've learned a few things. just like the poor and the rich, there are the pogues and kooks. i'm technically a kook, but i don't really think that kind of stuff matters when making new friends. sarah really doesn't believe any of that stuff either.

i go downstairs in my outfit and they all look at me weirdly

i go downstairs in my outfit and they all look at me weirdly. "oh, am i overdressed?"

"just a bit," sarah answers. "but let's go back upstairs and i can help you find an outfit."

"okay. thank you, i'm kind of new to this stuff," i say, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"girl, it's fine. what about this?" she hands me an outfit and i put it on.

"oh, this is so cute, sarah," i say, putting my belongings in the backpack

"oh, this is so cute, sarah," i say, putting my belongings in the backpack. "i didn't think you all would like me wearing something like this."

"it doesn't matter what we all think," sarah says, grabbing my hand and pulling me downstairs. "it's your body, your style. wear it with pride."

we all get in the cars and go to the boneyard. since hanging out with them, i've also learned a lot about the rivalry between the kooks and the pogues. they tell me not to associate with them and that they're the scum of the outer banks. i don't really see the big deal, but i'm the newbie here.

when we get there, we are greeted by fellow kooks, pogues and vacation attendees alike. ah, the beauty of a high school beach party. we all mostly mingle with kooks, but i make good conversation with a girl named kiara, who is a kook but she hangs out with pogues. she seems really chill and a person i could get along with well. she leaves to meet up with other people and i start to wander the beach.

a cute blond offers a drink as i walk by but i politely decline. i'm not really one to drink when i'm trying to leave an impression on these people. the vibe of the party made me want to walk the entire beach and i almost did that, until i heard a large commotion.

i was so lost in my thoughts that i didn't hear the music cut out and everyone started cheering. i took a closer look and realized it was topper fighting with one of the pogues, john b, i think his name was. i run over to see a crying sarah and ask her what happened.

"i'm not sure it all just-" she cut off before screaming, "topper! stop!"

holy shit. topper's going fucking mad on this dude. he looks like he's gonna drown him. "and no one's gonna help him? wow, some world we live in," i mutter under my breath.

i go towards them to stop the fight, just as the blond from earlier puts a gun to topper's head. i immediately stop walking, knowing i'm in the most danger of scaring him, and making him pull the trigger.

"yeah, you know what that is," he scoffed. "your move, broski."

kiara was yelling at him to stop and people started running away.

"put the gun down!" sarah yelled.

"did you say something, princess?" jj continues.

"we're good. we're good, man," topper says, letting go of john b.

"kie, can you check your psycho friend please?" sarah yells at kiara.

the blond, jj, yells, pointing the gun in the air, "okay, everyone, listen up! get the hell off our side of the island!"

sarah pulls me and topper away and i catch kiara give a dirty look in our direction.

hey fellow obx fanatics 👋🏼,
here is a new little story
that i hope you all can
enjoy and when reading
about sasha, you have to
understand that she can't
just become friends with
the pogues because of one
conversation. that development
has to come gradually and i'm
going to try as best i can to
make this story smooth sailing.
literally.