chapter twelve

after the shocking revelation of last night's adventure, we all agreed to meet up at john b's this after noon to come up with a plan.

i spend most of my morning lounging outside and reading a book.

my sister comes and asks me if i want to play horse with her

my sister comes and asks me if i want to play horse with her. i'm not really good at basketball, but of course, i say yes.

so here i am, with a HOR and she has made every shot. i literally suck at this game. before we started, we made a bet and loser has to buy the winner ice cream. i already knew i would lose, but i don't really mind. i love spending time with her.

bandit runs out to us and scratches at my bare legs, "ow. hi buddy." i scratch behind his ears and my dad and anna follow him out the door.

"hey, we were just gonna take him for a walk," anna says, she's wearing a cute nike outfit set. "wanna come?"

"i love your outfit," i say. "and i would love to come, but i have to meet up with my friends soon."

she nods her head at me in understanding and looks at my sister, who says, "sure. let me go put some shorts on."

i put the basketball in the garage and walk into the house. i make myself a quick sandwich and walk up to my room.

i change my clothes and check my phone. it's pretty charged, so i put it in my backpack and slide some sandals on.

i walk back downstairs with my half-eaten sandwich and grab a bottle of water

i walk back downstairs with my half-eaten sandwich and grab a bottle of water. i walk out to my car and pull my sunglasses out of my bag and put them over my eyes.

when i arrive, i seem to be the last one there. "sarah...?"

i walk up to the porch and kiara is the only one standing. she kinda looks pissed.

"no effing way!" i hear kiara yell.

i open the door and they all look at me. "i'm just gonna..." i move past the fuming girl and sit on the arm of the chair jj and pope are sitting on. i notice jj eye me up and down as i walk towards them.