chapter ten

when i woke up, the sun shone brightly into my room. i groaned and rolled over to face away from the sun. the bed squeaks as i roll over and as i close my eyes again, the bed squeaks again. i turn around and see jj sitting in my bed, "jj?"

he looks at me with a smile and says, "sorry sasha, didn't mean to wake you up. i was just leaving. i should probably get changed and stuff."

i look at him dumb, "jj, what are you doing in my bed?"

"well, i brought you home from the hospital and when i laid you down, you practically pulled me in the bed with you," he explains and i slightly laugh. "and i mean, you have like, an iron grip, girl."

"jj, you don't have to leave," i answer quickly and he gives me a weird look. "i mean, let me get dressed, and then we can go to the beach, if that's fine?"

i get up and realize i'm still in my clothes from last night. a man who has manners, respect to him.

i grab some clothes from my wardrobe and go into the bathroom. i take a quick shower and wash the day-old mascara off my face. as i look in the mirror, i recall everything that happened last night. and god, how terrible i look is as terrible as i feel.

 and god, how terrible i look is as terrible as i feel

i walk out of the bathroom and slide back into my room

i walk out of the bathroom and slide back into my room. jj is sitting on my bed with one of my puff bars in his hand.

"how did you find that?" i ask him, while grabbing my bag and stuffing my phone, a charger, gum and chap stick in it.

he shrugs his shoulders, "i don't know. im like a K-9 unit with these things," he answers, taking a hit of it.

i snatch it from him and stuff it in my bag, and look at the time on the clock next to my bed, which reads 12:37 pm. "holy shit, i can't believe i slept in this late."

"i mean, to be fair, we haven't really got a good nights sleep for a few days so," jj answers but i shush him.

i grab his hand and pull him downstairs, but as i walk down the stairs, i hear voices and stop him. after listening in for a minute, i realized topper wasn't there so i proceeded downstairs. i led him into the kitchen where my dad was making lunch for anna and my sister. i waved at them both and gave my dad a kiss on the cheek, "thanks for last night."