chapter 6

It was the next day, after the whole incident with Jisung

It was the next day, after the whole incident with Jisung. That day, I waited for him to finish his shift, waiting for the next part timer to take the next shift. While Jisung was changing into his school uniform, I got to befriend the part timer named Yangyang. We just had a small chat, nothing too big.

"God, I don't wanna go to school", I groaned and walked towards my school's campus, that was an estimated 10 minute walk away from my house. I was holding a small gift bag that had Jisung's clothes that I washed. It thankfully dried just in time. "Now I just have to give this to Jisung"

"Give what to Jisung?", a voice emerged from behind me. He walked next to me, trying to peak inside the bag. "It's nothing Chenle, just something"

"I wanna see it though", Chenle mumbled, still trying to peak at the bag. "Stop it before I slap the back of your head"

He stopped the moment I said that, but instead, he focused on my face. His eyes darted to the necklace I wore. "Isn't that like one of those necklaces that have a picture inside?"

I hummed in response, leading him to question more. "Whose picture is inside the locket?"

"I don't think we're close enough for you to know", I chuckled as I held onto the locket. He raised an eyebrow, looking at me then the paper bag. "And I don't think you're close enough to Jisung to give him something"

"This is why I kept coughing earlier", a deep voice from behind us said. I turned around to see Jisung, his messy hair covering his eyes slightly. He wore glasses as well. "What did you guys talk about?"

"Sera doesn't want to tell me about what's in that paper bag, she said it was for you", Chenle whined, wanting to get in on the secret. Jisung chuckled, catching up with us, making me in between the two. "Jisung, here's the bag"

I handed over the bag to him, sprinting off quickly, not wanting to handle the embarrassment I get while looking at Jisung. I mean, he's the first one to see me out of my whole persona I show at school. I could hear Jisung's chuckle from a distance, seeing that he opened the bag, not letting Chenle see it.

"Aw, come one Jisung!", Chenle whined, but Jisung looked into the bag, seeing a note and a ziplock bag full of mochi. He smiled at the ziplock. He read the note that was in the bag.

Hey Jisung, don't tell anyone about what happened yesterday. It hurts my pride, like a lot. I cleaned your clothes and ironed them, also adding some mochi snacks to repay you. Thanks! - Sera

I somewhat paid attention in the last class I had for the day, since today was the day I had the least classes. It was a half day for me, so the next thing scheduled after this class is lunch. I looked around to see a familiar face in my class. Why is Renjun in this class?

"Alright class, that's all for today", my professor said as he walked out of the room. Other students went rushing out, heading to their next class or the cafeteria. I, on the other hand, took my time to pack my things and go out. While I was about to go out, a voice stopped me. "Jaemin said to meet him at the cafeteria, you don't have any subjects after this one"

"So you now know my class schedule? Wow, stalker much?", I said with much sarcasm. Renjun shrugged, didn't say anything else afterwards. I knew that I had to face him, because his whole gang will look for me afterwards. I took the risk of leaving the whole scene. "Let's just hope none of them are tailing me"

I took off my hair tie, letting my hair fall back. I looked through the hallways to see Harvey talking to Mark, I took off my bag and gave it to them. "Hide it well in the club room, like right now. Don't tell anyone you've seen me"

I rushed out through the emergency exit of the school, which led me to the yard at the back of the campus. I saw the gate that surrounded the school and saw the locked gate door. There was no one there, neither were there any security cameras facing that area. I picked up a rather big white stone that had a key underneath it, opening up the gate and going through. I locked the gate again and placed the key back to its original place.

"I never knew my brother's escape route would come in handy", I muttered and went through the small empty lot that had plenty of plants. It was never used, but after you walk through, it'll take you to the downtown in the area. "I should probably thank him"

I took out my phone the moment I entered the downtown, dialing up a number that I wasn't even sure that will pick up. It rang but as always, he never picked up.

"Hey bro, let me just say that your escape route from the campus came in handy today", I said after the whole 'leave a voicemail after the tone' ended. "I hope you'd show up for once"

I walked down the street, to see someone familiar. I ran up to the person, tapping his back and he turned around to see me in shock. "Sera!"

"Winwin!", I exclaimed, happy to see the boy. I didn't have any girl friends, but I was friends with my brother's friends though. "It's been a long time! Have you hung out with my brother lately?"

The tall boy shook his head, leaving me to just sigh. He ruffled my hair as he saw that I was still wearing my college uniform.

"Why're you here? Are you skipping classes? You know that you shouldn't do that", Winwin scolded me, but I pouted, shaking my head. "No, I only have half day classes"

"Then what about your name tag? Where is it?", he asked as he pointed to the empty spot where my name tag should be. I shrugged, avoiding contact. "I may have lost it, not only once. The school will kill me if they know I lost my second one"

Winwin sighed, looking at me, he grabbed my arm, pulling me to an Italian restaurant. We both went in, I didn't complain by his action.

"I'll treat you to lunch, Jaehyun would kill me in the future if he finds out I left his little sister to starve", Winwin chuckled, sitting down on a table. I sat across from him, but I furrowed my eyebrows, realizing that he sat on a table for 4. "Why did we sit here?"

"I invited some friends", Winwin said, his eyes then diverting to the two people who walked in. "Hendery, Lucas! Over here"

The two sat at the table, the taller one next to me, while the other sat in front of me. I looked at them, knowing they recognized me.

"It's Jaehyun's little sister, isn't it?", the one next to me questioned, and I nodded. Winwin looked at me. "They also know Jaehyun, don't worry"

I nodded and slowly began to order from the menu, the others doing the same.