X

"No way..."

9:32 pm
café entrance

  Iwaizumi had been phased enough from Oikawa's little speech. Different? Usually when that word was used around him, it was in a negative way. But the way he said it. It made his heart hurt. All he could do is stare at him in response after that. He couldn't say anything in response. Not because they had arrived, but because if he did, it'd make no sense.

Every sentence, every confession that escaped the model's lips echoed in his mind with no intention of leaving anytime soon. Had he really meant it or was he just saying it because, well?

He wasn't the first to hear those words.

No. He was the first. He was convinced he was. But what was it to him? It was just another compliment people he considered his fans would hear. Or was it?

Iwaizumi now eyed his workplace in awe. They'd have to be at the wrong location. Maybe his driver got it wrong. Kunimi, was it? No celebrity would ever step foot in such an unpopular establishment. If they had, they would've been getting way more business than they currently did. Didn't this guy take a selfie everywhere he goes? He'd have to ask later. If he could muscle up the courage to, of course.

  Oikawa stared at him with a confused expression. "Are you coming, Iwa-chan? It's cold out here and-" He inhaled sharply as his fast speaking pace and shaking legs proved he was indeed freezing. "I need warmth.."

  Iwaizumi speed-walked to catch up with him at the door. "Mm, let's go."

He slowly pushed the door open as if someone was in there waiting for him. The café was the same as it always was. Fairy lights hung carefully around the ceiling. A light melody filling the ears of its listeners that came from the radio. And the familiar smell of cinnamon with a hint of cleaner. This signalized that someone was still here. That person being...

  "Mr. Refreshing!" Oikawa pushed passed Iwaizumi and practically ran to the counter.

  "Hey, Oikawa and.. Iwaizumi?! This is who you were-" A hand was placed on Sugawara's mouth, preventing him from continuing.

  "Yes, Sugawara-san. He invited me out." Sugawara looked concerned.

  "And you accepted?"

  "Yes, now will you please do your job and get us some drinks?"

  "No need for the attitude.." Sugawara now looked right at Iwaizumi with a forced smile. "Do you think you could help, Iwaizumi? You know your way around the place."

  Oikawa looked back and forth at the two, confused. "Wait, Iwa-chan you work he-"

  A strong grip pulled him into the kitchen before Oikawa could finish his sentence.

9:41 pm
kitchen

  The two stood in the kitchen together, an uncomfortable silence between them. Other than the sound of Oikawa's humming which came from the front of the café. He didn't know what Suga needed to ask him, but he seemed stressed nonetheless. He wanted this to be over right now. Maybe he should've just stuck to staying home with Makki and Mattsun. Iwaizumi broke the silence, though he kept his voice in a quiet tone.

  "Suga, I-"

"I honestly don't know what's going on and you seem like you would rather die than explain it to me. You're sweating!"