Ten Things

A/N  Formatting poems is difficult in WP. I hope this poem is readable.

He left me just like this
Without a bow or a lover's kiss.
He left me just like that
With nary a touch or a tip of the hat.

What for was his daily devotion?
Poetry - words that brought giddy emotion.
Azalea, Sea, Sunlight, Dewdrop, First Snow
Fleecy Cloud, Calico Cat, Rose, Breeze and Piano.

He was my Sun.
He was my Moon.
Thirst? I did not know it.
Care? He always showed it.

Gone. Just like that. And now what do I see?
The face of a creature who smiles wide at me.
This time the poetry flies far, far away.
But words are still words. And this he says to me today.

"Tomato, Tomato, you poor little thing. Your captain ran off, to him you could  I am your knight, and I've heard your plea."

He counts happy words with his fingers. On the final digit he lingers. My life would never be the same again. When he tells me the secret in number ten.

He says,
"One. Sixty-year-old snake wine. Oh it's truly good.
Mind you, you can't drink it. But I really would! Two is sweet Soju, with clams it's the best. Fire up those shells, drink up, beat your chest!

Shampoo makes my hair soft, so it's number three
Conditioner is four, it's for my crowning glory! But my favorite thus far, of number five I'm a big fan. I promise that body wash makes you a better man.

When in Seoul, get a face scrub so that's number six.
Just go to a sauna, where there's piping hot bricks. Too bad you could not eat chicken. Because COMI is seven, it's like going to food heaven.

Torn jeans is eight. What a surprising revelation.
My style has been revamped - a Gangnam elevation. Nine is important.  This is if you're clever. Stand by your friends, they're there for you forever.

For ten,  I will share a secret. Promise you won't tell. Find someone to love and treat her very well. This I have seen with my own piercing eyes, It happened to the captain and to his South Korean spy.

So weep not, fear not for your brave Captain Ri. He has found his true love, the capitalist Yoon Se-ri. Together they have twins, and I'm to be their godfather. When reunification comes, we will both see them - together.