Picky Princess

Se-ri sneaks out of her bedroom like a thief in her own home. The lights are dim and she tries not to make a sound as she opens the refrigerator. She grabs a bottle of water and a box of left-over fried chicken. Jeong-Hyeok's face pops beside her. She yelps.

He shakes his head, "What's this? Is the Picky Princess hungry again?"

Se-ri scoffs and walks towards the microwave.

"I was dreaming of fried chicken."

"Ahhh," he smirks. "Now I know why you don't eat more than three bites in restaurants."

Se-ri starts to protest but Jeong-Hyeok raises his hand. "Shhh. I promise not to tell."

The oven pings and she hesitates, looking up Jeong-Hyeok's eyes.

He sighs, fishes a plate from a drawer and serves her on the kitchen island. He then gets them both cold beers.

Se-ri takes big bites, while Jeong-Hyeok looks on, drinking. With her mouth full, she asks him a series of questions "Why are you not asleep? I was so careful not to wake you up. Is the room uncomfortable? Do you have everything you need? I thought you were tired?"

She feeds him chicken before he could answer.

"Did you have a good bath? Did you bring enough clothes? Is the AC working? I have some books that you might like. Are you tired?"

She feeds him again.

"Is the bed okay? Would you like my bed? I mean, would you like to exchange rooms? We can do that too. I'm sure you're tired."

"I'm not tired."

Silence.

Se-ri clears her throat and asks, "Why are you looking at me like that Jeong-Hyeok?"

"I'm just looking."

"You have that I-am-too-hungry-I-could-eat-a-whole-pot-of-rice look." She tears off another piece of meat.

"Here." Se-ri holds the piece to his mouth.

Jeong-Hyeok bites her finger.

"Oooow." She drops the food on the counter.

Se-ri furrows her brows and pouts her lips as Jeong-Hyeok strides over. He leans close and places his hands on the counter with his arms on either side of her.

He kisses her cheek. She takes a big gulp of beer.

Then he nibbles her ear. Gulp.

Then her neck. Double gulp.

"Are you done?" he whispers.

Se-ri nods.

And just like that, Jeong-Hyeok lifts her up and carries her to bed.

A/N Photo from Dramabeans